The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
SEVENTY1

I need help please (Radiator Question)

Hi guys, once again I need your help.

I have a 71 c10 v8 350 truck, I was given a brand new radiator by my brother. The thing is that my old radiator has an outlet for heater, and the one that was given to me does not.

My radiator isn't even hooked to the heater hoses, instead that outlet is connected with a hose that goes into the intake manifold. So my old radiator with a heater outlet is really just connected to the intake manifold.

My brother has a 71 gmc with a inline v6, his truck does not have a heater, and I noticed that the intake manifold has a hose that goes directly into the water pump.

Here is my question, If I install the radiator that he gave me with no heater outlet, would it be ok if I run the hose from the intake manifold to my water pump like he has it? I was also told that I could just use a plugup that hose that is coming from the intake manifold, would this make my engine overheat?

Please help,
Thanks
SEVENTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
RustyParts

Re: I need help please (Radiator Question)

You can remove the hose altogether and put in pipe plugs if you want too.

The water outlets on the water pump and intake are for the people who live in the cold country and have to use heaters like me. No your engine will not overheat if you remove the hose and plug the openings.

The math teacher said my son "Bubba" could be a mathmatical genius. cause he's got 13 fingers!
RustyParts is offline   Reply With Quote