The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
jdhcth

Nostalgic Air Products underdash A/C for my 67

Just received my complete A/C underdash unit for my 67 (original heat only). Has anyone ever bought one of these? It looks well made and all the hardware is included. Except compressor belt, R134A and 2 groove pulleys.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/getproduct.php?pid=351

Just wondering if there was any "gotchas' to look out for. The guy at Nostalgic Air told me to get my hose connectors crimped at NAPA or an A/C place. Has anyone ever done this themselves or had it done before?

I'm thinking about 'bypassing' my heater core and looping the heater hose straight from the water pump back to manifold as heat seeps in on the floor and my A/C blowers will be breathing it right in. Any problems doin' that? Don't need a heater too much here in Houston.

Thanks

JD
jdhcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Yeller68

Re: Nostalgic Air Products underdash A/C for my 67

Sorry, can't help you, but I will be very interested in how this works for you. I have been thinking about going the under dash route.
Yeller68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Looks like the same one my uncle has in his '71-'72 out in Vegas. Overall not a bad unit from what I could tell. I just didn't like how it looks installed and hate getting out of the truck after driving in the passenger side, then falling over because my knees were frozen from having 33º air hit the damned things for a half an hour.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 04-23-2007 at 04:13 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
jdhcth

Shifty, I hope that happens to me on the driver side. Houston ain't pleasant in August, but if it worked in Vegas.......

I'm probably going to have to insulate my floor better from engine/road heat. Any suggestions?

I'll send some pics when I get it done.

JD
jdhcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
shifty
Questionable

I assure you, my friend, that this unit will bring a whole new meaning to "blue balls" for you

For the heat/sound deadening on the floor, I would get Brown Bread (aka "Be Quiet Ultimate")

Link: http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html

There is also a B-Quiet "extreme" product. This, combined with a stock carpet, maybe even a sound deadener pad, will work wonders.

PS - don't forget to buy their wooden roller, it will make your life mucho easier.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 04-23-2007 at 05:41 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote