The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
cstanley

Unhappy Gonna have to sell my '72: A heads-up and a little feedback, please

Yes, It's inevitable at this point. So many plans, so many great adventures, now just memories. I am at a point where I need to sell my pickup. I have had this truck since I was 15, back in '93 (i think.) before that, it belonged to my older brother who got it in '88 or '89. I know its history pretty well from that point on, and will answer any questions I can.

When I have all my info ready, I'll post the official classified ad.

I just can't keep up with two of these, so one needs to go. I don't have room to store it, nor resources to fund its upkeep (at least not now that I'm concentrating my efforts on the blazer.) Not to mention that I just don't fit in it like I remembered. The Blazer has much more room and is more practical for our family. Plans were to bring it back to bone stock, so my most recent efforts were heading that way.

To top it off, my wife was just accepted into a Master of Architecture program (grad school) so she's having to reduce her hours/quit and we are going to need the extra dough.

the details:
1972 Cheyenne 10 LWB, leaf susp. clear TX title.
350/TH350. Everything works (except amp gauge.) Runs good, recently rebuilt transmission (mileage-wise.) Factory a/c blows cold, new interior components: I rebuilt/repainted/re-foamed/reupholstered the factory bench seat in houndstooth, and looks very nice. New steering wheel, dash, dash pad, knobs and levers, color-matched 3-point seat belts, chrome headliner trim, arm rest pads.

the bad:
I like to think I'm an honest straight-shooter in trying to let a prospective buyer know what they are getting:
Motor blows some smoke and leaks some oil, could use a re-ring or rebuild. There is a "clank" on startup and a slight vibration on the engine, both of which I believe are due to a "run out" and out-of-balance flywheel. I hope to have this replaced before sale.
Needs typical bodywork: rockers, cab corners (there's a good bit of bondo on the truck), front pass. fender cup, drip rail. the dash has been cut for a modern radio (brother's handiwork), speakers in the doors, needs some panel alignment, dented front grill shell, cancer on top of bed rails (from toolbox and bed rails) and some on tailgate, and a baseball ran into the front windshield. also, there is a non-stock temp gauge in the gauge cluster.

the truck is really in better shape than it sounds, but that stuff is still there. also, the shift lever in the last pic has been replaced with a stock one.

I've posted some pics several months old below, and will try to get more current ones this weekend. I really don't know what to ask for it, but i'd like to start at about $4500. I'd like to get a feel from you guys on what you think the market will bear.

I'm putting it up here first, then the local upcoming swap meet, craig's list, and finally ebay, in that order.

Let me know your thoughts!
thank you for reading this

edit: to whomever moved this: thanks - I had a brain fart and posted in the wrong place. sorry 'bout that.
Attached Images

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 05-04-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: more pics
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
cstanley

Re: Gonna have to sell my '72: A heads-up and a little feedback, please

a few more pics
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
cstanley

can anyone give me an idea if i'm in the ballpark? i didn't get a chance to take fresh pics yet, but hopefully in the next day or two. thanks, everyone!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
Dano69c10

I'll chime in. The bad definitely lowers the value. I'd say it is a $2000 truck, but someone will disagree with me I'm sure.
just my 2 cents
Dano

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
zooza1

Unhappy Re: Gonna have to sell my '72: A heads-up and a little feedback, please

, the bads definately can add up and hurt you!! it is a great looking truck !! good luck with the sale and your future plans too!
zooza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Depending on how bad the cab corners and rockers are..........I would be in a $2500 range in this area . One of my last long beds I sold had solid rockers , floor and cab corners and a newer crate engine and the paint and interior was about the same..... We felt good to get $2900 for it.
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote