The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done...Cinco de Mayo edition.

I spent the weekend in Austin watching my daughter play volleyball. This was the last chance of the season to qualify to play in the Junior Olympics this year. Unfortunately the feel short.

They won everything on Saturday until the final match of the day. They lost and dropped from the Gold division to the Silver. Today they ran out of steam and lost in the first round.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

Re: What did you get done...Cinco de Mayo edition.

Well i put gas in my truck other then that thats all i did truck related. as for the chevelle i cleaned it out and took a stock of all i left in it 2 years ago.

I also spoke to a buddy of mine who im trying to do a trade of a 57 4 door wagon for a body/paint job for my chevelle.

Also went out shotin the sks lots of fun.

What did all you guys get done.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
82c10
needin' money

work, if i wasn't working doing drywall, i was either finishing working on it or cruising in the 1984 mercury capri rs bubble hatch, i installed new (to me) taillights on the truck, and got a fender for it from a friend, i pm'ed a guy on another board and may be getting an engine to put in it to replace the one i built so i can get it sold, i put a for sale sign in the mustang, and am gonna drive it down toward the street in the morning and try to sell it, i will be purhasing another mustang this next week, so look for pics in next weeks thread
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
pcmcobra

Spent Friday night til about 3am with my boy, he was not feeling good, so I let him sleep in the bed w/ me, he kicked me to death, I will never learn. He's 4 but is rotten Woke up too late to meet up with a board member to deliver my rally wheels. Sorry Rob!!!
FINALLY got the 3rd set of wheels mounted on my truck, they look good, but they took too long, left my truck around 12:30, had to wait til 4:30 when they called me telling me it was done. Went out to eat w/ wife and some friends.
Woke up early Sunday, got the front yard work done, spent the afternoon visiting with a friend, checking out his handy work on a 68 mustang...nevermind...
Back to work tomorrow.

Miami...Flee it like a native

Last edited by pcmcobra; 05-06-2007 at 10:57 PM.
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Saturday morning I worked, in the afternoon I installed my front hitch and the wind deflector, evening was slow and sleepy.

Sunday I woke up around noon, spent the afternoon helping a buddy move to a new apartment (that was some monster china cabinet we had to muscle out/in), been lazy ever since watching TV.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

Checked over the Big 10 seeing what it needs to pass saftey....
Changed the exaust manifold gaskets

Realized the exaust is junk so Its goin for a fresh 2.5 inch set up with and H pipe and flowmaster original 40's hopefully make that 454 rumble..
1972 K10
Slammed66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
SCOTI

Sat, I got my 'new' gas tank straps finished up so I could move forward w/my Blazer tank relocation in my 68.

I also ran all around town getting the caliper 'cage' for the rear of the T/A & of course the guy didn't order the bolts I asked him to so it was off to another dealership to get them.

Today I spent most of the day fixing the brakes on the T/A & then cleaning it up for her (it was a pig). I also went ahead & knocked the dirt off of my 74 hopin' it would look better..... it didn't help much.

This week will be finishing up the 68's fuel system.....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
KMK454

Ha, nothing... truck is in Charlotte, I'm in Georgia. I'll be home Wednesday (Charlotte) for a week of leave before moving to Fort Hood, TX. The truck will get shipped out there when I find it a proper garage...
1991 Camaro B4C
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
f.monroe

The 77 developed a pull to the right while braking so it has been sitting . I replaced the rubber line and the truck stops straight now . I did valve stem seals on it also . Everyone has a way of doing things and apparently mine is the HARD way . Somehow a lifter pulled up out of the bore and fell in the lifter valley when I did the seals . I went to put the pushrod back in and didnt feel anything . That added at least an hour to the job . It was on cylinder 7 and I couldnt hardly see the lifter through the small holes in the head but I removed the master cylinder , and with some luck , a droplight , a piece of wire , and a little patience , I stood the lifter up and worked it back into the lifter bore . McGuyver( sp?) would have been proud . I adjusted the valves , put it back together , and it is running again .

I also mowed the yard , done a couple jobs since I was on call , managed to attend a birthday party , and looked at one awesome 1940 something Dodge Military truck that was done right . Frank
Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #10
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

AAAAhhhhhhh , washed the truck and filled up with Petrol and the bill came out to $51.05 , gas here is $3.39 a Gal, what is wrong with this picture
John
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I fixed my leaking exhaust manifold gasket yesterday. I was putting it off, hoping to just take care of it when I put my new manifolds on, but it is taking me forever to get them ready (weld up air injection tubes, remove heat riser, sandblast, paint, install double hump crossmember...) so I just went ahead and fixed it.

I also picked up some pipe so I can get rid of the dual cats that are coming apart. Maybe I'll get to that next weekend. We have family coming into town, so probably not.

I traveled to three auto parts stores that are all within about a 2 block area couple of miles from my house. I saw 3 lowered 73-87 pickups and one '88-up just in that little trip. I rarely see any lowered trucks, and I have never seen more than 1 dropped 73-87 in one month. Three in one short trip was unbelievable.

Slonaker

Last edited by Slonaker; 05-07-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #12
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Come out to Cali and that's all you'll see there are a few 73-87 lowered trucks but you'll see tons of 2000+ cookie cutter trucks all running DUBs in my town,all Silverados all on 20's just different colors i'll stick with my 83, she still gets the looks and the nods
John
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #13
dubdeuce80

didn't do much...went to a yamaha dealer and checked out an r6. hoping to get my class m license within a month and hopefully an '06 r6 shortly after.
dubdeuce80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 AM   #14
85 c-10

Friday the oldest boy had a baseball game. They lost, but played well. Saturday I cleaned the shop, and helped the wife with the house. Sunday I just broke stuff. Just built a new engine for the truck and was getting the carb and timing set in. I took 2 of my boys and went for a test drive. Took off from a dead stop, tires broke loose, and snapped an axle. Funs over! We walked about a half mile before getting a ride back to the house. Neighbor and I loaded the truck on his trailer and got it back home. Anyone know what years of 9" match our width? I need one. This was suppose to get a turbo/ic setup in June. I'll post pictures once I get them smaller.

Josh
85 c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #15
Tink

Took the 85 for it's final drive on Friday and then ripped out that sludgy motor. Got the new one in on Saturday, broke in the cam on Sunday and took it for a spin! I'll have to post some pics... that old motor was the worst I'd ever seen... we were both slipping and sliding in all the sludge in the engine bay even though we tried to clean it up.

88 Sierra

02 2500 Suburban
And too many S10s to list!
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #16
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

this weekend we went to meet up with John and a bunch of the other guys at Johns house in Jackson NJ there are pics and comments on the get togethers and meets thread. It was a great time

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #17
jr2

Well..
I cleaned the wholy HE** out of the shop and the yard getting ready for my car club meeting at my place... Mowed the yard on Satruday as well as planted annuals and did spring maintenance to the house/yard. Prepped & detailed the truck. Moved the 63 under cover and off the basketball court(the "Display Court" when I host my car club).

Feels good to have a clean shop again!!!
-1967 Nova 2dr HT & a couple others...

Last edited by jr2; 05-07-2007 at 12:55 PM.
jr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #18
SSC's76
No No

Ce, muy trabajo de firebird.

Spent some time sunday finishing up wiring on the bird huffing fuel the whole time. I forgot I had the fuel line disconnected fired it up to do some testing before I stuck the lower dash pannel on. It all works now turn signals blinkers everything finally!!!! Put some new used seat covers on it and a new dashmat.

Spent some time on the truck saturday fixing some exh leaks. I decided I'm going to wrap the headers hopefully that will quiet them down a tad more. Oh last monday I pulled the diff cover to reseal it. Pulled the cover and found chunks of pin and carirer and spiders. Amazed me becasue the rear end dident act broken it was just leaking. It was more cost effective just to buy another rear end. So 500ft pounds of tq will not only break a lockright but spiders as well.

Went down and got my new plates today, pop'd for the collector plates $168 but the tags dont expire until 2012.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
jkaylor68gmc

Went to Maggie Valley and worked and the NSRA event in knoxville and worked. I actually got robbed when I broke down!
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

I drank like a fish and somehow when I came too after my drunken stuper...my truck started running right...Im gonna start getting plastered more often!

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
Billla
Account Suspended

I finished up a stalled project to get Hooker Headers on my '72. Ended up being way more project than expected with moving brake lines, removing the return line, new wires, etc. I also cleaned up some wiring messes - fused my IGN hot line for my distributor and electric choke and clipped some "leftover" wires that GNDN. Had some fun with Edelbrock throttle linkage and throttle return springs.

Now starts the tuning process for my new Edelbrock 1406!
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #22
andrist1

Finally got the motor back into "Red," and picked the truck up from the exhaust shop Friday night around 6:30pm. Spent the whole night listening to it idle, yeah I know, I need a life. I started the engine rebuild in January, so this was a big deal for me. Next weekend I will be tearing the bed off getting it ready for the body shop (only 3 months behind schedule)!
andrist1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #23
benoit454
Chris

I put on a new brass terminal cap and rotor button on the 84 along with some accel wires.

Went up to the house we are remodeling and burnt up a bunch of old wood that was torn off the walls and wallpaper. That was about it.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #24
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Worked on finishing the painting that dad didn't. He fell off of a ladder and shattered his heel. Now he's laid up for the next few weeks and I have to finish the painting because my mom and brother have no real clue how to do a good job painting... That was 5/5/07

The day after, I did a little touch-up on the painting first thing in the morning. After touching things up, a buddy came over to borrow some tools to help his friend with some repairs on a 240SX that had hit a curb at 60+. I washed the truck and gave it a coat of wax. No sooner am I done with that than my buddy returns looking for help with the 240 and I end up going over and laying down the plan to fix it.

Oh, and I got a raise at work. I make $11.25/hr now.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #25
Pyrotechnic

Studied for finals and did some laundry. Pretty much an uneventful weekend.

On Thursday though, I'm leaving Kingsville and going home to Austin. My first year of college is basically done.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote