The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? Mothers day edition

I worked this weekend so I didn't do anything truck related. Ok, the usual stuff like detailing the daily drivers, but that's it.

I gave my wife a flower arrangement that my daughter and I made, and some perfume. She asked how I picked it out since I have no sense of smell. I told her I bought the one that didn't make me sneeze. I laughed, but wasn't kidding....

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-13-2007 at 09:56 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Re: What did you get done? Mothers day edition

Replaced the power valves in the double-pumper Holley, went from 6.5 front and 8.5 rear to 4.5 front and 6.5 rear, seemed to help gas mileage a little, but I'll keep an eye on it this week. Also replaced one rear tire due to a huge bubble in the sidewall, truck needs to travel over 200 miles next weekend so last thing I want is a flat tire in the middle of nowhere.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
bigblock79
67 Chevy Stepside

to the truck nothing. but i did crank it and let my brother here that big block rumble. nothing like a 454
1976 BIG DOOLEY 454 turbo 400 4:11
bigblock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
pcmcobra

Went over to see Hart Rob, sold him some rally wheels. His burb is coming along nicely.
Did some yard work.
Took my wife out for breakfast and dinner sunday.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #5
SCOTI

I got a little more done on the Blazer tank conversion for my 68. I figured out the actual method on securing the tank within the frame only to find it would interfere w/my ECE hidden hitch receiver. I had to modify the receiver slightly but they are now both installed.

When you stand behind the truck, you can't tell it has a Blazer tank since the lowest part of the rear frame is the bumper & hidden receiver. Mission accomplished. This week, I'll pull it back apart to standardize the hardware used & then give the rear 'clip' a coat of rattle can black to match the front rails.

Next up..... final installation of the rear bags & opening up the trailing arm crossmember for some 'tucked' dual exhaust.

For Mothers day, I got the GF some new plants for the front drive so I spent this morning re-potting them in the 'correct' pots vs. the one's they came in @ the store. We went to her parents & did the family cook-out/gift exchange stuff so it was a good day.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
bigblock79
67 Chevy Stepside

i got a body man cameing this wesday. to price painting the bed and back of cab so i can drive it this summer
1976 BIG DOOLEY 454 turbo 400 4:11
bigblock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

I called my mommy in Oklahoma, she started crying...the flowers I had ordered for her had arrived just as I called (that was friggin luck right there). then I screwed around with a lil project Im workin on for my truck...I'll toss up a teaser pic prolly tomorrow or tues.

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #8
benoit454
Chris

Tried changing out the fuel filter on the 84 friday after it ran even worse. Didn't work, so I tried changing the fuel pump on sat., still nothing. Had to take the quadrajet off, get to the mixture screws and adjust them.

Ran great afterwards.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
poolboy65-ls1
iamthepoolboy!

Today was my first day off in 48 days. All I did was cleaned the wifes ride today.
Black primed 81 Silverado SWB one owner rust free all original 106,000 project. Steel cowl hood, 89/91 front grill, Blazer tailgate trim, sport rear bumper, 5/6 Drop, 17" Eagle Alloys, Big block is on the stand! COMING SOON: one piece glass, and more.
poolboy65-ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
BaddBusa2005

Installed my prothane cab bushing setup along with the por15'd bushing cups. Made for a nice install.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
1987 Shortwide

Well I took the day off Friday from work to get caught up on some other stuff, so that's kinda the start of my weekend. I successfully dropped the Bed and chassis off at the body shop so that they can start on the bed. The rest of the day I did decals for customers. Come night time I went out to the track and watched some racing, as well as making a few passes in my buddy's 02 SS camaro.

Saturday I did a 200 decal job for a local shop, took up a good part of the afternoon, evening time we went out to dinner with my parents for mothers day and helped them move some stuff in preparation for selling their home.

Sunday we went out to my wife's parent's house and spent the afternoon tooling around. I took some pictures of our escapades!

Brother in law's truck, nice, even for a F**D

The wifey popping off a few rounds with the .22

The boat I'm working on getting from my parents-in-law, great vintage boat restoration project!

I really didn't intend on mudding... we were going to check out the creek, didn't know the field was that bad... Ended up getting one more truck stuck trying to get us out and needed a 3rd truck in the end. I owed a few good country boys a 30 pack when all was said and done...lol

My 87 buildup
Daily Driver: 99 Sierra SLE 4X4. Black on Black and harder than hell to keep clean.
1987 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #12
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

Had new s.5 duals ran on my 78 with a pair of original 40's Flowmasters

SOUNDS AWSOME!!! I now have to install an H pipe as the exaust guy wouldnt do it as he thinks they are a waste ,
INstalled new manifold gaskets and plugs and wires. runs awsome and pulls alot harder.

sunday I went over and cleaned the house and BBQ'd for my mom.
1972 K10
Slammed66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #13
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Brought dad home form the hostpital.

Painted the ceiling upstairs.

Worked on the stereo in the truck a little.

Wrote down what I did in a "quick reply" box.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #14
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Watched the NASCAR race, Gordon Sucks BBQ'd 2 racks of Pork Ribs for Momma and the Flower routine. Ribs came out perfect , threw some dry rub on them and set them on a medium flame and let them simmer for a while and them just smothered the heck out of them with some Bullseye Tri Tip and Pork Ribs are my favs
John
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #15
motopatzo

Did yard work and in between tried to diagnose fuel guage stuck at 1/2, snipped tan/white wire and ooops that was the fuel pump wire. Snipped pink/black wire and fuel guage went to full. Took son and wife out to dinner (his 19th birthday). Picked up mother-in-law....she stayed over. Got back home, and swept pine needles from drive-way. Watched the tube for a while. Sunday morning...Happy Mother's day and all that stuff, back outside, drop the fuel tank and sure enough...sender hooped. Sweep more pine needles, go in for brunch, rip apart portion of deck where hot tub was, sweep more pine needles, move cars around in driveway, go get cleaned up, and off to momma's house for a while. Come back home and check out e-mails and posts...now real tired....sure glad I have Monday off as well
motopatzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 AM   #16
dubdeuce80

friday i sold some parts i had sitting around, made $70. then i worked in crappy 3 digit heat all day saturday. sunday was a relax day, my whole family got together at my uncles for a mothers day brunch, then afterwards i hung out with my ex

dubdeuce80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

My wife, two cats, and I moved back home on Sunday...and spent the entire day cleaning our house. We lived at my inlaws from Wed-Sun while the work was being done. We had our hardwood floors sanded and refinished...I love how they turned out. We have all new four panel solid core oak doors on order, they should come in this week. Once in, they too will be stained, poly'd, and installed...new oak trim will follow the door installs.

No truck progress, other than wiring up the engine compartment...no pics to share at the moment for that.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #18
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I didn't do anything to the truck except drive it. It was sitting up for several weeks, and I just got it back on the road last weekend, so I was enjoying riding around with the windows down listening to the V8.

My FIL's birthday was Saturday, so we spent most of the day at the inlaws having a catfish fry for him. Saturday evening I helped a friend do a rear quarterpanel patch panel on his Duster. Neither of us know what we are doing, but it seemed to come out okay. I told him that I would help, and learn from his mistakes.

Sunday was the usual Mother's Day stuff with our moms, with some exciting garage cleaning up the middle.

Slonaker
Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #19
AirMale

Got four link installed now working on new brake lines.
Attached Images

AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #20
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMale View Post
Got four link installed now working on new brake lines.
You need to give us more updates more often man!

Looks nice!!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #21
Prerunner1982

Mowed the yard for 3hrs... have another 2hrs of mowing to do..

Tried to install a stereo in the Jeep, only to realize the wires arent the same color combination as GMs or something, because only 3 wires matched up. Will have to do a little research. Will most likely have to rewire some speakers too... but I need tunes!!
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #22
Pyrotechnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner1982 View Post
Mowed the yard for 3hrs... have another 2hrs of mowing to do..

Tried to install a stereo in the Jeep, only to realize the wires arent the same color combination as GMs or something, because only 3 wires matched up. Will have to do a little research. Will most likely have to rewire some speakers too... but I need tunes!!
All radios have the same wires, they may just be different colors. The most important ones are: (DIN radios)

12V+ On all the time
12V+ Accessory Switched
12V+ From dash lights, to dim display at night
12V- Ground
After that it's just the speaker wires and the antenna lead.

As for me, I got something very big done this weekend. Pictures and a thread will follow today once I can snap some pictures.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #23
grinch4om
dang its hot

got back from maine, bought a door for the truck,mowed,prayed, enjoyed some quiet time with the Lord, played with the boxers, swept garage out-2 weeks shut up, how did it get dirty? what a drive through the mountains of WV on the way home, man God does some good work!
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #24
Russell
Professional Grade

Spent the whole week outta town at the farm fencing -- Basically the whole day doing exactly what happened to 1987 Shortwide, cept on purpose while trying to follow a fence line, lol

Then got home and found out that both my 6.0L, and my NV4500 have fallen through, which really, really sucks, cause I sold both the 5.3L, and the TPI 350 / SM465 / 205 to pay for the two of em, so I am stuck with only a NP241 for a drivetrain

Oh well, I'm hoping my bodywork gets done this summer, but she definitely won't be touching the hardtop this summer!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #25
69BBsuburban
Right in front of you.

Had a big party for my son's 1st birthday Saturday, had plenty of booze...haha...it was alot of fun.

Picked this up Sunday.........and cleaned it up, as it's been sitting for a few months...

'68 Dodge Charger R/T
1930 Ford Model A
69BBsuburban is offline   Reply With Quote