The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
wibilly

tow hook ?

i commented on a guys lone 69-72 tow hook on his truck. another buddy of mine was there and said isn't that the hook your looking for? i say yea i need some of them. the guy says take it off you can have it, in fact i have a whole box of them my uncle used to collect them and i'm not into that stuff he says i bring them all to you. i feel very guilty taking these k nowing he has no clue what would you all do? i have not seen what this box contains yet
Old 05-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Captain Knievel

Re: tow hook ?

Personally, I'd tell him what they are worth and offer to split the profits. I bet he will be tickled pink that you were honest and that he has (possibly) buried treasure.

(Either that, or I'd club him over the head and run away with the box. My mind's not made up on this one yet).
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
Down south truckin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibilly View Post
i commented on a guys lone 69-72 tow hook on his truck. another buddy of mine was there and said isn't that the hook your looking for? i say yea i need some of them. the guy says take it off you can have it, in fact i have a whole box of them my uncle used to collect them and i'm not into that stuff he says i bring them all to you. i feel very guilty taking these k nowing he has no clue what would you all do? i have not seen what this box contains yet
i tell you what you can send them to me!!! that should clear up your conscience (spelling??)
Down south truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
GREASEMONKEY72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Knievel View Post
Personally, I'd tell him what they are worth and offer to split the profits. I bet he will be tickled pink that you were honest and that he has (possibly) buried treasure.

(Either that, or I'd club him over the head and run away with the box. My mind's not made up on this one yet).
something like that^

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Honestly, since you posted this, shows that you feel guilty about it, so offer to sell them and split money with the guy.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
jmking9

3 words: THE GOLDEN RULE
Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
69TowRig

I'll take them, that way you don't have to worry a thing about it (oh yeah the one you want I'll let you have cheeeeeep!!!!)
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #8
snj8198

Your honesty might bring you something more valuable than the bucks you make off the loot. Not many here can say they don't need a stand-up guy watching there back.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #9
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

looked at a '72 motorhome for sale yesterday with 1 tow hook on the front. Maybe I should of bought it for the tow hook.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_turbo View Post
looked at a '72 motorhome for sale yesterday with 1 tow hook on the front. Maybe I should of bought it for the tow hook.
funny but true!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #11
mudmizer

That is a quandry... Tha best thing is to let him know that their a hard to find item and you would like to pay him for them.
Just a thought, If you came across them at a swap meet and the seller wanted 10-20 bucks for the box, would you buy them and feel like you got a great deal or tell him to bump the price way up and buy two.

We're all looking for a deal but we don't want to cheat anyone.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #12
wibilly

well i know he needs a few things for his truck. i don't have them but will find them for him. he has asked me about a few things. i have no intentions on selling them i have several trucks that want some. mud mizer i did find a pair of 69-71 style at a swap last fall for $10 and a set of extream bend 72's this spring for$60 but i had to take them off the guys truck. he said he paid $20 for them