The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Thumbs down bought new vent glass ! unbelieveable ! doe's anyone make 67vent glass ?

well my 67 had one vent window missing when I got it and someone had put a 68 to 72 vent window in it's place , the 67 is different as it has no hole for the vent wing handle , I looked and they had them for sale in the truck part's book's they were kinda high $50 buck's plus shipping for a pair , but I thought that since I have done so much work to my truck and it was going to be a nice truck I would just buy them , well I ordered them , they came in yesterday and my wife had them laying on the table when I got home from work they were wrapped in brown paper , I sat down to open them tickled pink to have got them , I opened one only to have my day ruined !
these thing's I paid $50 buck's for are NOT SAFETY GLASS !!!! I could not believe it they are just two piece's of hardware store laminated glass !!!!!!!!!!
UGGGGGGHHH !!!! DAM ! I could have done that myself hardware store laminated glass is cheap almost free heck two piece's that small would only be $5 buck's ,,, you can't use that type of glass in a door as it will just split and crack when you close the door ,,,
OK do they make the correct one's ? who sell's them ?
I can't believe this !! here I have spent almost $500 buck's on a tailgate and two glass piece's that I can't even use ,,
these part's companie's are pissing me off they need to advertise this stuff better if they are gonna take your money they should at least tell you the fact's about some of this stuff , now I'm gonna have to call this company and send these glass piece's back and hunt ebay for some , and that is tough because all of our truck part's are listed 67 to 72 and should be 68 to 72 as much of the 67 stuff is different ,,,
I was tickled with my truck but this part's situation is getting me down ,,,,,,

Last edited by 19673ontree; 05-19-2007 at 10:00 AM.
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
mbgmike

Re: bought new vent glass ! unbelieveable ! doe's anyone make 67vent glass ?

We sell glass, but alot of times I get it cheaper to go to an auto glass shop for flat glass. If you have the old one as a pattern they will make it fairly cheap. last time i paid $24.00 for two vent windows. Now its just plain safety glass not dated glass but I didn't care.
One supplier is Pilkington North America. They are in Columbus Ohio 614-443-0231.

Last edited by mbgmike; 05-19-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added more info
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We sell glass, but alot of times I get it cheaper to go to an auto glass shop for flat glass. If you have the old one as a pattern they will make it fairly cheap. last time i paid $24.00 for two vent windows. Now its just plain safety glass not dated glass but I didn't care.
that is what this company sold me for triple what it's worth it's just plain laminated glass that you can buy anywhere ! like you said you paid $24 and they probably cut it out for you !! the glass for door's need's to be solid tempered safety glass as it has been since 1960 the laminated just won't last in a door where it open's and close's it just crack's !!
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
mbgmike

This company makes GM glass http://www.pilkington.com/the+americ...ts/default.htm

Last edited by mbgmike; 05-19-2007 at 10:24 AM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote