The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

My new ride

I picked up a 2004 Silverado at the end of March from the dealership I used to work at. 5.3 liter, auto, 4x4, fully loaded except dvd. I've got before and after pictures at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bman32_3...60762402827161

So far I've:
- Had a Keystone ram air hood installed.
- Had the side moldings removed.
- I painted the front lower deflector to kind of match (probably going to buy one that is molded black soon).
- Installed billet grille insert.
- Had front emblem painted.
- Installed Escalade style door handles.
- Removed fender flares.
- Removed "Silverado" and "Chevrolet" emblems from tailgate.
- Installed AFE air filter.

I will be going home on my next set of days off and plan to have the areas where the flares and emblems were power buffed, also going to crank the torsion bars to level the truck and then get an alignment.

Future plans:
- Tires will be due for replacement in fall, planning on 33" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains or something similar.
- Either smoked or black altezzas.
- Probably going to put on an aftermarket muffler, probably a Flowmaster. I want a deeper tone and a little rumble, nothing obnoxious, so I will probably stay with the single pipe or possibly just do a tip down right after the muffler.
- Considering doing a throttle body spacer and possibly getting the kit to hook the ram air up.
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.

Last edited by Nova_Cobra64; 05-27-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: fixed link
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Kurt L

Re: My new ride

linky no worky
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
Nova_Cobra64

Fixed (I think), thanks.
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
Kurt L

nice truck i see that your cat approves also.lololo
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Crank

Nice ride, I've got one pretty similar only a hair older and 3/4 ton... Not quite as nice either I'm sure... Bet you cant get me a hookup on a set of '03+ taillights could you? I also heard that the TB spacers on these newer trucks do NOTHING performance wise for them... And I also like how your front clip of your truck has an extra 4 legs for stability in the pics, Heres a shot of my girl
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #6
Crank

Pics of mine
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #7
Nova_Cobra64

Hard to say, when you get up close, you can really tell it is a truck.....lots of small scratches, but I guess that is the nature of owning a black truck. Although, it is dent free, which is nice.

Are you looking to put stock 03+ taillights on your truck? I'm not sure what I am going to end up doing with mine when/if I get altezzas, but odds are good I will keep them just in case.

Thanks for the info about the TB spacer. I never really did much looking into it yet, just something I had in the back of my mind as a possibility. The truck doesn't get driven much, mostly just whenever I go home on my week off from work. It is a 6.5 hour drive home, and being that I went from a Saturn to this truck, a round trip costs me around $150 more than it used to and I would like to squeeze the best mileage I can out of it.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
Crank

Well you just may wanna do some more research about TB spacers for these newer generation trucks, the concensus I've heard over and over and over again is that they do nothing for mileage, torq, mpg or anything, just give it a whistling sound. If you wanna get better mileage and dont mind dropping a coin or 2, there are several different companies, and private people that do custom tunes to your ecm that really wake up these trucks as well and can squeeze some more mileage out of them. Wheatley, Jesse Bubb(May wanna research these names a bit) and some other big names, I'd advise you to go to www.fullsizechevy.com and see whats goin on over there. And if you ever decide to get rid of them tails, lemme know.
Brandon