The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
revn67

what are your thoughts on this truck?

This is pretty much what i am in the middle of doing to my truck, except it won't be with those wheels and i'm definitely not gonna paint it a two-tone.....but a bbc,20/22 combo wheels, and laying rockers.....my build thread will be appearing shortly.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...QQcmdZViewItem

"finish your beer, theres sober kids in india!"
revn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
jimmydean

Re: what are your thoughts on this truck?

Looks great!

For some reason I can never see myself buying a finished truck. Call it pride, or call it cheap. Either way, I just can't see myself doing it.

Guess if I had stupid money, I would just send a box 'o parts to Porterbuilt Streetrods with a build list and pick it up in a year. But at least then it would still be "my" style rather than someone elses.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
68 P.O.S.

I think it looks pretty sharp. But it's already finished and look at that price tag
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
cruisinlow67

thats a nice truck. i would rather build one though.
cruisinlow67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
71chevylowrider

I think it's a pretty bad a$$ truck, I'd love to own it, alot of these types of trucks, (highly customized) are selling for less then what it would cost to build one exactly like it. I unfortunately am a computer guy, & have been for about 15 years, I don't have a shop, I don't have all the necessary tools to build a truck, but I would love to, I just don't have the space/tools/years of knowledge to do it, I bought mine totally done, I love it! I looked around for one that was built the way i would have wanted to do it, & I bought it for less then half of what all the receipts that came with it add up to. There's nothing wrong with buying a truck or car that somebody else built, if that was a sin, people like Boyd Cottington would be broke & wouldn't be world renowned for building beautiful Hot Rods.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
72BLUZ

I Think It Looks Great! I Just Dont Like The Fact That The Inner Fenders Have Been Removed. But Thats My Opionion!!!! But Everthing Else Looks Great!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
dubs68SWB

It's a nice truck....just not $39,000 nice. You are getting into serious Camaro money with that price tag. I'm rather invest in one of those, knowing that the investment has a better chance of holding it's value. Sometimes when people have $39,000 into a vehicle, they think that's what they can get out. Us that have built from the ground up know you'll get 60% - 70% at best of what you have into it.
dubs68SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
Raguemoe

Sometimes I wish I would have bought a turn-key truck. I've had mine apart for 2 1/2 years now and not sure when I'll get it done. I purchased my 55, put wheels, PS, PB and billet steering wheel and have had a blast driving it!! Just Picked up a 71 GMC as a daily driver! I say just do what makes you happy, but make sure you take care of the family first!
Attached Images

Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #9
GREASEMONKEY72

thats a sweet truck but id rather build my own, but if yours is going to be somewhat like that then i think its gona look just as good if not better

Raguemoe - some nice rides you got there

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:37 AM   #10
retselgerg

I like the truck but to me "It’s not the journey not the destination" these things build memories Busted Knuckles, Girlfriend Yappy Coz i work on it so much, My First beer with the old man while changing motors, but thats kinda off topic the most important about old trucks and cars is no matter who builds em if you own em drive and have fun with em

Last edited by retselgerg; 05-31-2007 at 02:39 AM.
retselgerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
Rokcrln

That truck looks great and if I had the money sitting around I would buy it. I build vehicals non stop but I never get my own done so this might be an option for me to have a finished vehical

But your question is what do we think about the truck and I like it and say sculpt your after this one and you should be very happy when it is done.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-31-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
streetstar

thats a lot of female deer for a truck --- One of the other members said it best --- for 40g you could get a first generation z28 or rs/ss Camaro (but if you already have one or two of those ----- never mind, the truck will make an awesome tow vehicle)
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
jimmydean

I guess $40k aint bad compared to the one that was posted a few months back for $225k or whatever the hell that was.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
trkklr77
Account Suspended

Location: vacaville ca, because it as far from indy as i can be

how many people ever get there full $$$ back when done building a truck as well?

im with the crew that id rather build than buy, but i cant do body/paint so its going to feel the same way IF!!! i turn mine over to get painted.
trkklr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Most of you missed the point here.He was showing the Ebay truck as a model to represent how "he" wants to build "his" truck.Besides,if you spend $38,000 on a Camaro it`s money well spent?But,if it`s a truck it`s not?If you have that kind of play money,it only matters if it`s what you want.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #16
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

All good points and the truck looks great! Now $39.000 is not bad if you like what you see and you don't have to pick up a wrench.

There is a big investment needed to be made (shop ,tools, experience etc.) in order to build a truck/car. That's why unfinished projects are all over and are good buy's most of the time. In order to build a truck and finish it you will be $35.000 into it and you will be doing allot of the work yourself. Inflation has hit our hobby as well. If you build a truck you have to be sure of what it is going to be like when finished and no straying from the original concept half way. This is often the case with projects that take to long to complete. Things change and the builder starts changing the truck to make it current with the latest trend. For me I build my stuff to relax and tinker away at something as most of the fun for me is building not driving it so much. My 70' is extreme low budget as it is my driver and yet it surprised me what the end cost was. I went $500.00 over budget. To keep a budget this close to your original estimate is often hard to do but if I built this truck 10 years ago it would have cost 50% less then the cost today.

Most people buy a house finished .... the ones that have big ideas about turning a house into a castle learn the hard way that living in a project is no fun.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 06-06-2007 at 10:03 AM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
ccd3

You made some really good points- good post
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #18
QKENUF4U

after going thru my 68 camaro and then my 71 c10 i will NEVER NEVER NEVER do another project vehicle. i could buy that truck and change a few small items and have a truck that i can drive/enjoy right away. plus you would prob. be WAY ahead on money by buying that already done truck. just my opinion.
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
RetroSBK

39k is a smokin deal....

99% of the "home built" customs out there are rattle traps done with an arc welder and a grinder, and that backyard engineering, is what makes em so dangerous.

to have a real pro build your stuff it costs money, plain and simple.

39k wouldnt even get you NEAR a real ss or rs Camaro.. think of it this way, the real deal copo cars never get to barrett jackson, becuase the circles they trade in are just that, circles... it might get you a ss, but it will be a midwest rust bucket, bondo patch job... nothing near collectable.

I had one client that had 14 Hemi cars, all original, all unrestored (restoring it cuts value about 50%) and when he sold them, the cheapest one was 800k. exclusivity costs big money these days.

that truck has a great look, and if you wanted to head that way, Id say go for it!!
1970 C10, shortened long bed, Alum Headed full roller 383 (with Victor, 750DP, stainless rockers, behive springs, CNC ported heads) TCI SSF 700R4, 4.10 Posi, Bagged on C-Notch and 2.5 spindles. Air Cond, black out tint, satin black paint, custom interior, rolling low and not so slow...
RetroSBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #20
dubs68SWB

I'm in the "turn key" club now.....I didn't realize what my project would do to my marriage of 9 months!!!! It survived, but I didn't realize I would become so caught up in it. Mine was a very mild build, consisting of just a running gear swap and a drop. It still seems like it took forever and I'm still not done. I think my problem was that I didn't have another hotrod to drive on those sunny days. I think another project wouldn't be quite so bad because I could more easily walk away and go paint some black marks if I wanted. Thanks to all you guys telling me not to paint it, that saved me a lot of extra time and money. If I was still single though, I'd build one right after the other......
caps

Sick horsepower and torque
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #21
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Ok, here is something I'm going to do that I would not normally do.

I would like you all to be serious and tell me what you think that it cost me to build this truck including the purchase price.

The truck was one step away from being a doner truck for some one elses project. There was rust in the usual places as well as dents and creases galore all pulled and filled with metal .... this is not a bondo wagon. It has been lowered, shaved, new chrome, interior, converted to pwb, pwrs, edelbrock intake, 650 Holley, comp cam, new exhaust, new rad, battery, wiring, wood bed, tail light lenses etc. .... used to be a gold/fawn color so the black is a complete color change.

I hope the response is good and not just goofy posts as the point that will be made will be of interest to all that are contimplating building their own truck!

esll.
Attached Images

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 06-18-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #22
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

These are some engine shots as well.

esll.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #23
dubs68SWB

I'm not gonna guess, but I am going to say I love that satin black!!!! SAWEEEEEET!
caps

Sick horsepower and torque
Old 06-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #24
RetroSBK

Looks great!! Id venture to guess 8-12k, not including labor.. Unless you are a flea bay hound, or had a bunch of bits laying around! Love the truck tho... mines satin too..

Thats one thing that kills me about working on my own stuff, be it bikes or cars.. It costs me $200 an hour to do so! Every hour I spend is one hour I cant bill, so its double time! Yikes...
1970 C10, shortened long bed, Alum Headed full roller 383 (with Victor, 750DP, stainless rockers, behive springs, CNC ported heads) TCI SSF 700R4, 4.10 Posi, Bagged on C-Notch and 2.5 spindles. Air Cond, black out tint, satin black paint, custom interior, rolling low and not so slow...
RetroSBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #25
fourty1

guessing...only..
purchase price- $ 500.oo -/+
interior - $ 500.oo -/+
engine - $ 1000.oo -/+
suspension - $ 1200.oo -/+
Time/ labor - $ 5500.oo -/+
body mods/ trim/ misc $ 3000.oo -/+

-41-

1967 Chevy 3/4 ton standard bed, 350 cu./400 auto,
w/ 83 - 3:43 rear end...sips gas....

Last edited by fourty1; 06-02-2007 at 11:09 PM.
fourty1 is offline   Reply With Quote