The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
muddpile

Houndstooth Bench Question?

Just wondering if the new seat covers you buy come with the heavy grain in the vinyl and that fancy scrollwork in the middle that matches the 72 style door panels. If it does, who has the best price/selection? I'm looking for a Parchment one with Black/white houndstooth or Orange houndstooth. If they are just plain vinyl, I'll just get my local upholstery guy to do it. Also, how well do they fit? I need foam work done anyways, but It'd be nice to know that they aren't sewn crooked or anything. Thanks!
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #2

Re: Houndstooth Bench Question?

I have a 71' Super Cheyenne that came stock with the parchment and black houndstooth seat cover. I replaced the original cover with one I bought from Jim Carter Truck. I bought the replacement foam bottom from them also, which I highly recommend replacing if you want your cover to go on tight with no sags, and feel original again. It's expensive, but worth it.

The replacement cover looked identical to the original. The texture, weight, construction, everything. Looking around before I bought, they had the best price also. But I live in KC so I just picked it up and didn't have to pay shipping. I would assume the 72' covers are manufactured to look identical also. I would check their website.

P.S. don't forget to buy some hog rings and pliers before you start. You wil need those to apply cover.
92470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
xmitsu10

There is no scroll on the houndstooth seat covers. Just the heavy grain vinyl.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
muddpile

My truck was originally a highlander with the plaid seat cover, so does that mean the scroll was a highlander only thing? The top of the door panels have it as well.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
xmitsu10

I am certainly no expert on this subject, but from what I have read on this board, the plaid on the seat was only on the Highlander.

The scroll on the door panels were on the Cheyenne and Cheyenne Super. Not sure about the Highlander, Custom Deluxe or Custom trim levels. Anybody else know for sure?

The scroll on the seats was only on the Cheyenne I believe, but I am not postive on this one. The Cheyenne Super came with the houndstooth seat.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
Down south truckin

the highlander and the custom cloth both have some scroll work but it's not in the (insert) it's in the middle section unlike the cheyenne seats where the scroll is in the insert here are some pics
Attached Images

Down south truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
xmitsu10

Thanks for clearing this up Down South. I knew I didn't have all the facts and someone else would. How about the door panels on the Highlander and Custom Deluxe? Did they have scroll on them too?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

^There`s your answer^
The`72 door panels had scroll on CustomDeluxe/Highlander and Cheyenne/Super,it`s hidden by the woodgrain panel.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
muddpile

Thanks for the help guys! My truck is a 72 Custom Deluxe 10/Highlander, and it has the orange plaid insert with the scroll down the middle of the vinyl on the seat and matching scroll on the tops of the door panels.

Can I get a re-make cover with this scroll down the center like in Down South Truckin's First 3 pics, or do they not make those anymore. It really adds a touch of class in my opinion. Thanks!