The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? 06/10

I spent the week preparing for a trip out of town. That means I had to get all of my account stocked up and take care of the normal business. I think I have everything covered now.

I had planned to meet with a few forum members today, but I got called away on service calls and never got caught up.

I did manage to get my 77 cleaned up in hopes of taking it out. I just put the cover back on it and gave up.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: What did you get done? 06/10

N2TRUX You will never find time to get the blazer up and going with all that going on...

Got the Blazer up running with open headers and my wife is about to kill me with all the people that live around me too.. But I love it!!
Attached Images

Last edited by tvblazer78; 06-10-2007 at 10:02 PM.
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i spent another weekend upstate and had a wonderful time. Came home and met with my clients whose house im doing over and got a line on another truck... its an old four wheel drive mid eighties truck but not sure what year yet. Its a good chance i can have it for like three or four hundred but im told its in real sad shape. we will see if i am going to make an attempt to rise another junker from the ashes lol

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
Pyrotechnic

Got the original AM radio and center dash speaker out to make way for the new sound system. Don't worry, I won't be cutting the dash. I saved the still working AM radio and the disintegrated speaker plus the speaker harness.

Between all that I found that the flex tube that connects the passenger side A/C duct to the central duct is somehow missing? Either someone had the dash apart in the past and got lazy or it was not put on at the factory?

Also need to replace all the foam for the A/C vents since it was literally turning to powder.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
pcmcobra

Finally got the serp kit on. Have 95% of new wiring finished, hopefully my bracket material will be here tomorrow to mount the ls1 fans, then I can see if this thing will crank.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #6
82c10
needin' money

talked to the guy, and made arrangements to on the sale of my 82c10 (hopefully the guy comes through) i finished paying for the 83 gt which is for sale now, and i put wheels, corner lights, and taillights on the ranger, and also took the mud flaps off of it, trying to decide whether i want to sell it, or keep it
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
Russell
Professional Grade

I pushed my GMC about 5 feet forwards to put some crap behind it.

But, that was about it...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
SCOTI

I worked late Friday night & then stayed up even later researching big brake upgrade information & was draggin arse on Sat morning. Once I made it outside, I re-fabbed my front upper shock mounts for my 68.

I got them all welded up & applied a fresh coat of satin black then went in the house for some ice-water. But.... The fridge wasn't giving any ice. I started poking around to see why I wasn't getting any ice cubes so I prob was inside for about 10-15mins.

I gave up & opened the garage door to head back to the driveway to be greeted by POURING RAIN! Yep..... all of my 'fabbing' tools (drill, grinder, air tools, die grinding bits, bare steel, DA, angle grinder, air comp, floor jack) freakin everything was soaked!!

I spent the next hour or two cleaning everything up, drying it out, & using it to make sure it functioned ok. I sure am glad I rolled the welder back up inside the garage to keep it out of sight. BTW.... It was sunny when I went in for the water. It was still sunny while it was pouring rain all over my stuff.

After that I had to play 'responsible adult' & watch my brothers 2yr old daughter while the parents had a night out to themselves. Since I've never had young kids, we got off to a slow start (I'm kinda scary lookin). But by the end of the night we were doing fine.

Today was R&R w/the GF so I didn't get much more accomplished. I should get my air comps in this week & will complete my re-vamped air installation.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-11-2007 at 07:30 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #9
boatpuller

put on a new k&n filter.man,that was a tough one.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Prepped the El Camino for a show and today went to said show.

It was my frist time doing the prep work for a show, so it was a learning experience.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #11
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

bout got in a fight with a kid that is in the navy (has a really bad additude, and cant keep a friendship with anyone).

went to aviation square with the car club, showed off our rides...had a great time. I detailed my truck prior to going, she looks so good (cant wait till I paint her).

then at 2230, I went to work, wound up having to repack a nose strut on one of the planes (and since Im the skinniest person on my crew), I wound up in the wheel well all damn night adjusting stuff. fun times in the air force *sigh*

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #12
moneyeater

Sunday my buddy and me installed the sliding rear window and the windshield , put the driveshaft back in and accomplished the brakes and emergency brake after rebuilding all brake calipers and cylinders and putting new pads and shoes on last weekend!Tried to get a billet powersteeringpump bracket working but we couldn´t figure out how it should fit.
Other than that we were very successfull and i'm proud to see that it won't be long till the engine comes to live and i can drive it after 13 years!
Greetings from Germany
Moneyeater
moneyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #13
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

I got married on the 9th
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #14
bigblock79
67 Chevy Stepside

went to my brother house in wake forest NC and work on a G20 nissan and came back home late sunday
1976 BIG DOOLEY 454 turbo 400 4:11
bigblock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #15
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbaud View Post
I got married on the 9th
So when are you selling your truck?! J/K... Congrats!
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #16
motopatzo

Watched the movie "300", worked on the deck and ran the trailer brake wire to the back of the truck from the brake controller.....but I still have today off
motopatzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #17
VTKidder

Put a few gallons of 110 octane in the tank, and took my wife to get a creemee with the 302.
VTKidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #18
Zoomad75
K5Camper

The Blazer didn't need any work done to it so i focused some attention on my 69 Nova that's been serving duty to keep my garage floor down for the last 4 years. I had to install new wheel cylinders up front and the master cylinder since moisture had got into the system. I changed out the brake hoses too as they looked to be the 38 year old originals. I spent my time bleeding the everloving snot out of the system up to about midnight sat. I flushed every last bit of the old fluid out. Still didn't get a good pedal feel but I think my helper was a little overzealous in mashing the brake pedal. Probably created as much air mashing the pedal as I was trying to bleed it out.

Still, the Nova is another step closer towords actually hitting the street. More time bleeding the brakes. Add some ATF, fix the leaky gaskets to the float level screws on the holley and buy a pair of tires for the rear. The list is shorter than it was!
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvblazer78 View Post
N2TRUX You will never find time to get the blazer up and going with all that going on...

Got the Blazer up running with open headers and my wife is about to kill me with all the people that live around me too.. But I love it!!
blazers lookin sweet.fluck the neighbors
Old 06-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSIC87' View Post
So when are you selling your truck?! J/K... Congrats!
he can't talk to busy honeymoonin i bet.congrats there o.c
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #21
NONHOG

Loaded chainsaw , wheelbarrow ,chain pick ax etc. in my truck headed over
to a buddies house for an all day work party . Cut down a maple tree ,
remove sod , pulled stump and roots hauled all that down hill and dumped over a cliff , watched (and helped) my buddies haul there wheelbarrows back
up said cliff 12 plus hours working hard kicked this 43 yr old's a** but
I had fun!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #22
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Congrats OCBaud!

I spent the majority of the weekend trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my Suburban. I have replaced every sensor that was bad and verified what wasn't. So far I have replaced the EGR, IAC, Cap, Rotor, completely rebuilt the TBI unit, made the FPR adjustable, replaced the injectors (after rebuilt one started firing sparatically, replaced the fuel filter, verified the TPS, ECM, MAP, Fuel pressure, checked the harness for continuity. My last option is the distributor.

Swapped the TBI off my driver and it was worse. This is the most challenging issue I have ran into....

I was thinking the rebuilt TBI was going to fix the problem since the FPR spring was broken in 3 pieces, but NOPE. I had plans to start back on the TPI swap for the Jimmy...
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #23
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

My wife and I spent the weekend in Louisiana visiting my mom and attending a wedding. I have known the bride since she was 2 years old.

We met up with someone from another board I frequent since he lives near my mom. He was a super nice guy with several very cool cars. We couldn't stay as long as we would have liked, so he invited us back the next time we are in town. I told him I would like a ride in one of his Dodge Vipers next time, and he said "we'll take two of them out cruising the next time you are here. I'll drive the blue one and you can drive the red roadster..."

Slonaker
Old 06-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #24
Bri87swb

I finished removing the ECM, reconnected the fuel pump relay, changed the fluids and fired it up after sitting for a year. My wife is due with our second in Sept., so I'm trying to get it in shape before then. It's time for some new rims and rubber, so I'll be shopping this week.
Bri87swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #25
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

went to a cruise in had a blast ill have to take pic next weekend. the only thing i did with the truck was leave rubber on some asfault cause i thought it might need some.

Long bed trucks make doughnuts fun

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote