The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
82chevytruck

Question Missing VIN tag

Hey guys I have been a lurker here for sometime and enjoy all the info. I have a quick question for you. I bought a 1982 Chevy C10 almost 2 years ago now and it was licensed in Georgia . When I bought the truck the little metal tag with the VIN on it was missing. I thought no big deal I am buying it from a military guy and since I am military also I can trust the truck is not stolen or anything since he has the truck for awhile and a NC title and tag. I just sold the truck to another military guy I work with and now the state of Florida wants to see the plate.We are talking about removing the dash to see if it is stuck under there somewhere. I was also told and read that there is another way to verify the VIN. I was told it is somewhere on the frame is the VIN. If someone can tell me where to look that would help alot. If you would rather email the possible locations you can send an email to 85monte@cox.net . They also told him he must travel to Panama City or Pensecola to have the VIN verified and have them make him another tag. They will only give him a temp tag until the VIN has been verified. Thanks for the help.

Brian
82chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
75shortysocal
350+dual flows= fun :)

Re: Missing VIN tag

on most forums first posts like this are red flags, so i dont know if you will recieve alot of help on the hidden vin side of the coin, but i will say this...here in california, salvaged vehicals have the vin tags removed and a "salvaged" one rivited in the door jam....

id contact the dmv, or the local CHP office. for an inspection.. vin verification.

Last edited by 75shortysocal; 06-16-2007 at 06:02 PM.
75shortysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
82chevytruck

Re: Missing VIN tag

Found the VIN finally. I don't know how we missed it. Thanks for the reply.

Brian
82chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote