The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2002, 08:51 PM   #1
shortbed70

Peigon forge rod run.

I just got back yesterday and I thought the runs were kind of weak. The way they have it desighned people need to get out and walk if they want to look at cars. I'm tellin you all I should have towed my truck from Kansas because some of the JUNK they were selling for highdoller would make a bodyman cringe. My truck isn't the straightest truck in the world but we are talkin BONDO it up paint and sell. Whats the deal? I can't sell mine for 2500 and people are bringing rusted up turds and putting 4000 on them. Don't get me wrong there was some nice cars but its tough to tell good from bad at 20 feet. Who on the board went?

1965 Chevy Bagged,361 sbc,voodoo cam,1.5 full roller rockers,patriot 185cc vortec heads 2.02-1.60,vortec weiand polished intake,demon carb

my truckhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=332884

Big Red Dog build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=572274
shortbed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
DR67

I was there, saw a lot of really nice trucks, and some that were for sale. I also thought the prices were pretty high.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:06 PM   #3
HuggerCST

I was there too, and I thought it was a great show. A 2-3 mile strip of muscle cars, rods, and trucks lining both sides of the boulivard, and thousands of people is far from weak. It is alot to see, but how else could you design it other than that? I took a bike, and covered it in about 3 hours, just stoping to look at the trucks. It's the coolest show that I've ever seen, because you see alot of the cars and trucks actually cruising around instead of lined up in a parking lot. Most of the stuff for sale was high, and I saw some of the bad body work and paint with 10,000 dollar price tags, but most of them were nice. I won't go back without a bike of some kind, but next time I'll get a softer seat! lol. I took 25-30 pics of trucks, I'll try to post them later.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 11:52 PM   #4
shortbed70

I wish I would have had a bike but instead I had a full size ram and the traffic was a pain for me. People on bikes could take any route they wanted. Next time its definatly bike.

1965 Chevy Bagged,361 sbc,voodoo cam,1.5 full roller rockers,patriot 185cc vortec heads 2.02-1.60,vortec weiand polished intake,demon carb

my truckhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=332884

Big Red Dog build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=572274
shortbed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 07:42 AM   #5
Knoxville71shortbed

I was there on Saturday. Didn't bring my truck, cause it's not near presentable yet, but I like to go and see what everyone brings. I was pleased to see that the 67-72s were pretty well represented. You can really get a feel for their popularity, when you see so many at one show. Some were priced pretty high, considering the workmanship. But I am finding out by experience, that doing a proper restoration can get EXPENSIVE. I'm sure that when my truck is done (it will never really be done), that I will have invested far more in parts than the truck could ever be sold for. I totally agree about the bike thing. I walked around for about 5 hours, and I know I didn't see everything. That stuff wears an old guy like me out. I gotta find a better way. I envy these guys with the scooters and mopeds.
Knoxville71shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote