The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
nsanclown

Another s10 swap

I looked at some of the other threads and the swap seems fairly forward as long as you are creative and have a welder ect. Only difference is the fact I found a newer s10 1997 for 1K. The front metal is gone why its so cheap. I know the 5.0's inside out and know you can switch the driveline out since the cpu and everything is standalone. Can I do the same here.

I picked up a 52 dirt cheap but I plan on using it to carry my race bike in the back. Didn't think the thing would do so well especially on the freeway between tracks. Option 1 Change gears, redo stock suspension brakes tires. get straight 6 running still have everything stock even 6 volt system I read on oldgmc trucks.com 34hp is this right?

option two take a modern 97 driveline and use all that its a 4.3 5 speed set up. Slap the metal on and have a custom setup. OB2 1952 truck ???

Ill looking for some guidence from yall. I want the truck to be a daily reliable driver. Is this even possible in the stock form.

Am I going to classic truck hell for doing this to a nice shape 52? I feal kinda guilty even thinking about it.

Anyone with measurement links would be extremely helpful thanks
nsanclown is offline   Reply With Quote