The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #1
DURRTY
USMC

What is this for?? and do i need it?

This has 3 fuel vent lines going to it and also it looks like at least three more fuel(return, vents?) lines going to the front of the truck.
The genius PO hooked one of them up to the front diff vent line!!!!! I'm sure that the fuel vapor is great for the gear oil???!!!!!
the other doesn't go past the frame at the front wheel just broken rubber at the end of the steel line, and the other is the line to the pump and carb. I can post more pics if needed. but what is the deal with all the vent line or whatever it is and how much of it do i need to make it run properly. I have the body off and started to bend new fuel line, which is time consuming so if I don't really need to run all that line the to the front of the truck im not going to.

thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by DURRTY; 06-20-2007 at 03:32 AM.
DURRTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
RustyParts

Re: What is this for?? and do i need it?

I disconnected all of mine and eliminated the pipe but kept the vent to the filler neck, I guess it's up to the vehicle laws in your area.

The math teacher said my son "Bubba" could be a mathmatical genius. cause he's got 13 fingers!
RustyParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
jcfoote60

this was for emissions on 71-72 rigs. the lines running to the front led to the carbon cannister then to carb/cleaner emissions crap......if you want stock you can occasionally pick all the pieces parts up here on the board as a WTB or eBay. this does "vent the tank" and I struggled with whether or not to do all this on my 72 SWB...and did. would plugging the nipples off at the tank make a difference, would it make it a safety hazzard? some guys here told me that rollover situations may be an issue for fire but now that I am doing a 69 I am very skeptical since they only have the pre-emissions vent tube and none of the other nonesense. your choice but dang is it a pain and unsightly to have it. that's my two cents, I wouldn't too worried about it unless you live where emissions ding your year of Blazer...

JC
jcfoote60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
DURRTY
USMC

Thanks jcfoote60

I don't care a bit about the emissions on it. I just want it to run properly all that line is going to get dropped. Ill keep that tube thang to vent the tank but the rest is going to be cut short and have a one way vent valve on it. Or maybe plugged if it was going to a charcol can any way the tank must be vented though.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:36 AM   #5
DURRTY
USMC

or maybe in a drunken rage Ill hook them up to the diff and tranny vents. LOL like the PO was working on????!!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #6
71RestoRod

The vapor tube is actually a good thing to have hooked up. It is an emissions device but passive in that there is no pump robbing power from the engine. What's better, the engine burns the vapor that would otherwise be released to the atmosphere. I figure every little bit helps...! Read through this thread for the full explanation:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=187860