The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
bad ass chevy

turning a truck into a blazer

hey guys ive been looking at this site for awhile but this is my first post here...ive been wanting a blazer for awhile but havent found any so i thought of getting a 67-72 truck and welding the bed to the cab(easy said) then bag/bodydrop it,cut the top off,slant windshield more,shave alot of things and ive also got an idea to get a top for it outa a junkyard or something then chop that ***** and make it work ....what do yall think? i'am saving up hoping to find a bargain
bad ass chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Re: turning a truck into a blazer

First, welcome to the board from Seattle.

If you have the skills/space/money and you're going to modify the rig anyway, I say go for it. Since you're going to have to cut the frame and bed anyway, find a long bed pickup because they are a lot cheaper. You can also get custom frames built at places like You can also get custom built frames from places like http://www.jimmeyerracing.com/ with all the goodies you want (for a price).

If you're like me and you don't have the skills/space/money, it would probably be easier to start with a 4wd and convert it to 2wd. Since you're talking about laying the windshield back, I'm guessing you know what you're doing.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
bad ass chevy

well im only 17 about to be 18 so i dont know everything but ive been working on cars and trucks all my life,working at a body shop right now so i got most of the body work down and im about to finish laying out my truck which is a daily driver so i couldnt do all the things i wanted to do and thats one of the reasons i want to start on another project and picked the 67-72 models because ive always liked the way they looked......i was thinking the same with the lwb because ive always seen them for sale cheap,do you know if the back of the beds on lwb and swb from the fenderwells back are the same?it realy wouldnt matter but from the looks of these truck it looks like the top body line slants down at the end of the bed and that would be a pain to cut then weld back to make shorter.is it slanted or just me?any and all help would be appreciated
Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

They are different. The LWB have more behind the wheel well as well as in front of the wheel well, but you can get new repop short bed sides and cut them down to fit a Blazer wheel base.

Being that you are just about 18 and, I know how quickly life gets in the way, I'd suggest you search for a buildable 4wd Blazer and convert it to 2wd. Merging the bed to the back of a cab in addition to shortening everything is a major, major project. Frustration and time are the largest killers of projects. I'd hate to see you hack up a truck and then get side tracked (I was 18 once too and there are a lot more fun things to do than sitting in a dusty shop working on a truck).

Check out this Jimmy. I'm pretty sure this was a 4wd as I believe it has been for sale in the past. http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...8/89302608.htm

Also, check out kyle4381's Blazer. It used to ride on 44's now it lays frame with a Porterbuilt front drop member.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
bad ass chevy

yea i know what you mean,whatever i find first either a truck or blazer...i got a feeling itl be a truck though but either way itl get done...and your right its gona take awhile but itl be worth it in the end
Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
bad ass chevy

well i believe i may have me a truck..one of my buddys is bout to get one gave to em.he said i could have it if i helped him with his camaro..hoping to go look at it soon ive seen it before but its been awhile