The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
Rabid

Question 2003 Tahoe problem

Got into the wifes Tahoe this morning and have issues. Door open, key in the ignition and no noise. No lights on the interior came on nor key in the ignition beeping. Actually there was no power flickering on even when I turned the key a half turn. Normally the guages will at least move. Attempted to turn the engine over and it sluggishly turned over. After turning the key over constantly for about 20 seconds and pumping the gas, it started. The engine then loped between 200 and 500rpm on the verge of a stall. I popped the hood and checked the battery. Its green. The gauges show full battery charge as well. Then I revved the engine and the problem seemed to clear up a bit. The engine ran a little smoother and when I shut it off it restarted as it should. Quickly. The lights even came on the interior and the key in the ignition beep came on... So what is up? Moisture somewhere it shouldn't be? Alternator? Loose wiring?... Its been raining a lot lately and actually the other day I was driving it during the rain and noticed the engine loped when I came to a stoplight. ugh... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 2003 Tahoe problem

My truck acted like that once. The + cable was loose, and dirty. I cleaned and tightened both cables. It did it again a couple months later and when I tried to tighten the cable, the post FELL OUT OF THE BATTERY on the original AC/Delco battery and the dang thing started leaking fluid. I bought a new battery about a year and a half ago to replace it, no more issues.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Rabid

Re: 2003 Tahoe problem

(sigh) Don't you hate it when you get stumped and then when you figure out the problem it is so simple?? Ended up being a combination of a battery down a cell and gummed up throttle body and injectors. Replaced the battery and serviced the injectors and such and now it runs perfect. Thanks for the reply.
Rabid is offline   Reply With Quote