The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
haus
MMMM Ramen!

stupid loud pedal!

Well.... just like most of these sob stories start, I was having a lousy day the other day, was really hard pressed for time - wife started nagging on the phone about "I need to pick up some drive thru food"
So I'm in the drive thru and the fella taking my order is getting on my nerves, normally he wouldn't even register on my PO scale, but I'm going nuts, so I REALLY feel like bringing him down to my level... so I think to myself "my exhaust is loud, and if I throw some more gas down this motor, it'll be REAL loud in this jerk's earpiece"

so you can already see where I'm going here... more gas, let out clutch, POP BANG BANG BANG!! WTF was that!? So when I hop out and look under the truck, the rear driveshaft is hanging. Busted the rear U joint in three worthless pieces, busted one dog ear, and I'm due to leave the base this week, and leave the country next month, and the truck still needs to be shipped to my dad's. to top it off, movers already packed out my tools, so I'd be barrowing wrenches and such, and I have final inspection on my house Monday, so no garage either... perfect timing! never fails does it? I'm glad I wasn't planning on driving cross country... lucky for me, someone was nice enough to not only tow me out of the drive thru, but all the way home! (about a mile) Really saved my bacon!

So my question is - does anyone know if a rear driveshaft from a different year (73-) 4wd Blazer would swap right out with mine? The local junk yard only has two trucks of our years, and they are both 2wd long beds - and pretty bare at that...

- 1970 chevy blazer
haus is offline   Reply With Quote