The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
trkklr77
Account Suspended

Location: vacaville ca, because it as far from indy as i can be
thunder pumpkin v 0.5 lite edition.

well as some of you know i had been cruising ,very quickly i might add, the thunder pumpkin with a 78 454 with a monster voodoo cam and 049 heads, well i killed it. i ran the motor up to many times at to high of a rpm for a stock 78 bottom end. spun the 1 and 8 rod bearing and who knows what other minor damage. im sure the 100+mph burn outs and 135+mph street runs had absolutely nothing to do with it

i was going to sell the truck and buy a newer efi gas getter but no one would step up with the cash so im keeping it and putting in my 350 sbc, rv cam, headers, 2101 intake and 650 holley. nothing special, nothing too fast, nothing to even post about really.

im just glad i get to keep it at this point. i have been without a ride for a few weeks and it sucked. so f-it i going to get some more life from it and keep having fun. it wont be nearly as fast but it will still be fun. pics of v0.5 tomorrow
trkklr77 is offline   Reply With Quote