The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Ricks1971

OLD AIR system?

Hey guys, does anyone have pics of a installed OLD AIR system in your trucks? I am leaning towards there systems as I have been in a vintage air truck and the system worked OK, but it was noisey. Thanks Rick
Ricks1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
killer71

Re: OLD AIR system?

This was taken a few months ago. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=234771
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
Texasduffer

My two cents, but after seeing those pics of the OLD AIR system, I'm kinda glad I went with the Vintage Air system. When considering Classic Air, VA, and the others, cleaning up the firewall and engine bay wasn't one of my main priorities but it turned out to be a great benefit in the end.

I've never considered the VA system noisy as it is a helluva lot quieter than the two window system I had before....but there's probably some truth to your point seeing as the VA system puts more of the mechanical components inside the cab to get that clean engine bay look. Again, my two cents....
Attached Images

Texasduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
67CHIP72
STOLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
This was taken a few months ago. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=234771
When you converted, was it neccessary to switch to that type of compressor and POA Valve, or was that personal preference?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

I'm for one like the old air and for a selling perpuse i like everything stock I'm building a 1972 Nova and it will have a 1969 camaro center console with the tack in the dash and the gauge cluster with the horse shoe shifter

I was told a few month ago if you build a car or a truck Build it with as many options that people would want if they where buying it new

Now vintage air is nice but I've heard that when the heater core gose bad in on of them Vintage air systems it take up to 2 hours to remove and sence it's made from Plastic not fiberglass i've heared a few people say it gets brittal I have one in a 1967 3 door suburban and luckly it was plastic in some parts and fiberglass in others i have picture to show

But i like the stock look Vintage air yes a little more simple like painless wire harness Not my choice to wire my truck and splice and cunnceted your end fitting with old fitting but thats your choice

but i like the stock look trust me vintange Air R&D programe is only got 150,000 funding but GM has over 5 million in there R&D program i rather say with the one that worked for 50 some odd years

Now this is in my 1967 3 door suburban and this was dealer added
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #6
killer71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67CHIP72 View Post
When you converted, was it neccessary to switch to that type of compressor and POA Valve, or was that personal preference?
No it wasn't necessary but I've had good luck with sanden compressors so I paid xtra for the upgrade. POA Valve yes it was necessary with the 134.
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
roughedup72

Nice lookin setup you got there killer71. I just ordered all my ac stuff today from classic parts. So hopefully soon I will be riding in comfort again. How did you wire up your cycling switch on the new poa valve? I am using my stock compressor and converting to 134 so any and all help is Greatly appreciated.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote