The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Arrow Rear Window Trim.

BTW .... installed S/S Rear Window Trim Last week.

esll.
Attached Images

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 AM   #2
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Re: Rear Window Trim.

I like it lots!On a side note,is that smooth bedfront an aftermarket unit or a one off?
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
GREASEMONKEY72

looks good

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie396 View Post
I like it lots!On a side note,is that smooth bedfront an aftermarket unit or a one off?

The bed front is a one off unit.

esll.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I'll be doing that to my truck too. I am replacing the sliding rear window with a flat glass piece I got at the wreckers for 30.00. I'm geting the flat glass blackened/tinted and want to install the stainless trim in the rubber cause I have it around my windshield. There are two reasons I'm doing this and the first is that the old slider rattles a bit going down the roadand it drives me nuts. The second is that I have set of 2003 integrated seat belt buckets for the truck and when I install them they will be higher than the back window and I do not like the look of the high back buckets when you can see them through the back window on our trucks.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Thumbs up Re: Rear Window Trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I'll be doing that to my truck too. I am replacing the sliding rear window with a flat glass piece I got at the wreckers for 30.00. I'm geting the flat glass blackened/tinted and want to install the stainless trim in the rubber cause I have it around my windshield. There are two reasons I'm doing this and the first is that the old slider rattles a bit going down the roadand it drives me nuts. The second is that I have set of 2003 integrated seat belt buckets for the truck and when I install them they will be higher than the back window and I do not like the look of the high back buckets when you can see them through the back window on our trucks.

I hear ya. It would look allot better if they were not visable. Will you be tinting the door glass as well? Just a thought as it might tie it altogether.

Tip on the s/s trim go to a glass shop as they have to take out your glass to put the trim on any way. Cost me $50.00 bucks and less then an hour of my time. Also if you do not centre the glass as best as you can you will see where the old rubber was.

esll.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Nice job,takes finess.Most glass guys can`t do it right.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE View Post

I hear ya. It would look allot better if they were not visable. Will you be tinting the door glass as well? Just a thought as it might tie it altogether.

Tip on the s/s trim go to a glass shop as they have to take out your glass to put the trim on any way. Cost me $50.00 bucks and less then an hour of my time. Also if you do not centre the glass as best as you can you will see where the old rubber was.

esll.
Although I love the look of the black tint on the door glass I wont be doing it to my truck. Firstly its illegal in this province and if I got stopped by a cop not only could I get a 150.00 ticket I could be compelled to remove the tint as well. Secondly if you are ever in an accident and the doors wont open and you or rescue people break your window to get you out, the tint will hold the window together insted of letting it smash. Lastly I dont like someone else having the tint on their side windows when they are stopped at a stop sign and I'm approaching cause I cant see if they have seen me or make eye contact with them and am always wondering if they are going to pull out in front of me. I drive a motorcycle quite a bit so this last reason is real important to me. Sory for the rant but that is just me. Back to the thread now. As far as installing the window goes , I will be getting my favorite body shop to do it for me. When I do stuff to the truck a lot of times things seem to go together. In this case I am also going to replace the windshield( courtesy of our insurance company) on the truck and will be using new rubber ( cause water comes in when it rains hard) and replacing that stainless moulding at the same time. I also will be getting the roof painted and clearcoated and want that job done when the front and back glass is out of the truck. Where on VI do you live? We want to take the GoldWing and tour the Island one of these summers!!

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021

Last edited by Already Gone; 07-11-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote