The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
69burban
Garage Built Rides

Part or Sell??

What's up guys, It's been ages since I posted anything, mostly because I haven't touched my Suburban in over a year New company, new house with a puny one car garage, all the usual excuses I guess. I think I'm going to sell it. I can't decide if I should sell it all together, or part it out. Does one yeild less of a loss than the other? Edited by Moderator I just don't have anywhere to work on it. It's at my dad's shop right now, which is awesome, but it's an hour away. I know I'll regret selling it forever. Not sure what to do..............

Last edited by krue; 07-17-2007 at 02:10 PM.
69burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
suville

Re: Part or Sell??

Edited by Moderator

Last edited by krue; 07-17-2007 at 02:10 PM.
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
streetstar

an hour is not that far
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
69burban
Garage Built Rides

That's true, an hours not that long, but I get out of work around 5 that puts me there at 6. That only gives me 3 hours before I have to head home for bed to be at work at 5:30 I guess I could just buck up and dedicate Sundays for a while to at least get it on the road. That's pretty much the only day I could do it. It's just Sundays are my only downtime. I think I'm starting to realize what a whiner I am. Once I get it driveable and don't have to get under it. I can at least put it in my backyard. I absolutely love our new house, exept for that stupid..........stupid, one car garage
Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Frizzle Fry

A single car garage is a deal breaker for me. I don't care how nice the rest of the house is. Unless... There's a perfect spot for building a shop. Then I could deal with it until the shop was built.

I'll tell you my experience with projects. They have inertia... At rest, wants to stay at rest. Get it moving and it doesn't want to stop. I say go out there and wrench on it one Sunday and see what you think. I bet you'll remember what you loved about it.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
streetstar

Sounds like you really like the old Burb --- you can do a lot with a Sunday as long as you map your day out and don't get too distracted with other honey-do's and that other "unspoken" progress killer - too many adult beverages.
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
krue
Designated A-hole!

I would keep it. However if you decide to sell/part it you'll need to be a subscribed member. For info on subscribing, click the link in my sig. I will let this thread go as long as you don't start describing it or posting pics of it.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
69burban
Garage Built Rides

Thanks frizzle and streetstar, I think that may have been what I needed to hear. I do have a monster yard with room for a shop, it's just raising the funds to build it and still have enough left to finish the burb! I might even be able to stuff the burb in the one car and roll it out to work on it. the front end is off right now. Does anyone know the exact length on our burbs? you'll save me an hour drive! Maybe I'll start a build thread so I stay motivated.

Sorry Krue, never my intention to try to market it, just needed some opinions, thanks for the link though, I'll probably contribute either way this has been an awesome site for me.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
krue
Designated A-hole!

BTW I work on mine in the yard, no shop or even carport, so I feel your pain.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
sweet70beast

How many of us have sold something for whatever reason (no money, space, time,etc,) and then in a few months or years kick ourselves for doing it. If it sits there for another year or two with nothing being done to it so what, when you can get a shop built you still have it. Most of us have projects just sitting in the back yard waiting, older vehicles in good shape are getting harder to find and the prices are going up all the time. I would say hang on to it, build a shop when you can and then there will be no stoping you.
sweet70beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #11
tommie
97' Tahoe 2dr/2wd

i know i just got rid of a project that i should of found some way to keep, i did a lot of work to that truck....
tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
69burban
Garage Built Rides

Yeah, I've pretty much decided to try to get a good portion done at my dad's shop, and then drag it home, and finish it up shop or not. I've put too much work into it to let it go now, It seems like everyone has one of those "I should have never sold it" stories. I'll try to keep mine to a minimum! Thanks guys, this is the stuff I needed to hear. I'll post some pics soon, I'm going to work on it this Sunday.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
Frizzle Fry

Good man!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #14
morenocruz

Howdy neighbor, great to see another Burb owner in town. I was going thru the same type of mental arguement with myslef. I don't have a garage and I did the motor swap on the street in front of my house. I sent you a pm, maybe we can swap ideas and turn some wrenches sometime.
morenocruz is offline   Reply With Quote