The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
Oldschool68
Hellion

Exclamation FOR SALE!! 1968 Chevorlet C10 Shortbed Stepside Truck 2wd Show quality project! $5000

my name is Dustin and Im selling my 1968 Chevorlet C10 shortbed stepside truck 2wd. About 2 years ago I had this truck cherried til I got in a accident when a truck pulled out in front of me. It wasnt my fault and there was about 3,000 bucks of parts that I needed to get in order to get it back to running condition. Instead of the Insurance giving me the money and letting me fix it myself they went ahead and salvage my truck. So I got told that you can get a reconstruct title if you have proof of redoing the whole truck. Since I decided to restore this truck to custom show quality the original motor, trans, and rearend guts parts have been sold when tearing the truck apart. So this truck has no motor, no tranny and no rearend guts, but has the 12 bolt rear end. So I took the money they paid me and went and bought all new aftermarket parts for my truck. I bought all aftermarket parts here is part of the list: 2 new doors, 2 new 67' chevorlet fenders cause I wanted that shaved look since the 68' fenders have reflector pockets. Also I bought hood hindges, core support, gravel guard, 2 inner fender wheels, glass for doors, window regulator for both doors, door latches, door hindges, front and rear chrome bumper with bolts and brackets, 2 complete chrome vent window assemblys, and much much more. I know I dont have a whole lot of room here to type so I best point out the goods. I have also ordered a front 5 lug disc brake kit for the truck as well through CCP comes with 13" cross drilled rotors, big brakes, 2.5" drop spindles, all new inner and outter tie rods, all new ball joints upper and lower as well. I weld for my parents steel fab shop so I have strengthen the frame by a couple welds here and there. The frame is straight, no bends nor damage from accident. I have completely tore the whole frame and got it sandblasted and powered coated Silvervain with clear(pics below). The frame was powered coated along with the guted 12 bolt rearend, uppper and lower control arms, dust covers for brakes, bumper brackets, rear trailing arms. The suspension parts have been powered coated Hammered Blue with clear(no pics yet will get some soon) 3" front drop coils, 5" rear drop coil, tie rods, ball joints, drop spindles, control shafts, and much more. I was looking for that 2 tone look on the frame. The cab has been fully sandblasted since I was going to fully restore this the right way. Some parts on the cab needs to be restore such as the rocker panels and I have the peices for those as well. I know for a fact I have over 4,000 in aftermarket parts for this truck and over 3,000 into sandblasting/powered coating that has been done. Since the truck is in a million pieces and I know im not gonna get what I have in it along with the truck value. Im selling due to falling behind in bills and lost of interest. Please someone come get this awesome project off my hands and complete this truck. If I had the money I would do it myself but dont have the money to finish it. Im located in Goodyear, AZ 85338 and local pickup only. Im willing to help load the truck and all the parts at no additional charge. Below are the pictures of what I have done to the truck along with the powered coating finish and parts. Please feel free to email me at TJWRANGLER06@YAHOO.COM
ASKING $5000.00 OBO

BEFORE THE ACCIDENT SHE LOOKED GOOD!!

SMACKING THE REAR OF A DODGE RAM AT 65MPH

SOLD ALL THE BODY PARTS EXCEPT FOR THE BED, GOT HER TO THE FRAME.
SHOCKED NOTHING WAS BENT, JUST SHOWS HOW STRONG THESE TRUCKS ARE!

THE RESTORE HAS STARTED

Last edited by Oldschool68; 07-18-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: EDIT
Oldschool68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Oldschool68
Hellion

Exclamation Re: 1968 Chevorlet C10 Shortbed Stepside Truck 2wd Show Quality Project!!

MORE PICS
ADD SOME STRENGTH

GOT THAT 12BOLT GUTED

AFTER EVERYTHING WAS TORN APART TOOK THE LONG TRIP TO THE POWDER COATER AND CAME BACK WITH A NEW LOOK! SILVERVAIN WITH CLEAR!!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Oldschool68
Hellion

Re: 1968 Chevorlet C10 Shortbed Stepside Truck 2wd Show Quality Project!!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Oldschool68
Hellion

Exclamation Re: 1968 Chevorlet C10 Shortbed Stepside Truck 2wd Show Quality Project!!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
Oldschool68
Hellion

Old 07-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

WOW, Very nice looking set-up
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
70rs/ss

PM me if you want to sell some of the sheetmetal you have?
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
Oldschool68
Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
PM me if you want to sell some of the sheetmetal you have?
Im not parting out any of this truck! This is all for sale for one price!!