The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
guardianfyre

Heyla from St. Louis

Well, close to St. Louis anyway. I'm from a little town called Cedar Hill about 40 miles south of there.

I'm a 26 year old female who loves old trucks, but don't have the money or time to fix up my daily driver.

I have a '79 Chevy half-ton. Not quite sure on the specs, since I haven't learned the lingo yet. I do know that while it originally had a 305, it's current engine is a 350 but it still has the original 2 barrel carburator (it is barrel, right?) Makes it interesting to find out what parts I need to buy sometimes. It has a 3 speed auto transmission. I'm guessing that the original color was a light blue due to the underlying color of the interior panels, but it's now an ugly eggnog yellow/off-white with the same color plus black on the interior. The body will eventually need to be completely replaced since it's almost completely rust under the paint. (If I didn't have a bedliner, I wouldn't be able to use my bed!)

Any questions about myself or my truck, I'll try to reply, but it may take awhile while I try to find the correct answer.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote