The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
jorgensensc

Front Core support and inner fender interchangebility?

Hey all,
As most of you know I have been searching for a good 71-72 outer grill for my 68. Because of my pickiness I am unable to find a used one and have decided I would probably have to buy new...(read spend 300.00). I came across a good deal on a 68 front clip with fenders, hood, core support, radiator, and inner fenders for less than the price of a new outer grill. This would also make the front of my truck a '68, like was intended by the manufacturer. The only bad parts on it from the pictures are the drivers inner fender, and core support under the battery tray. And a small spot of rust through on the drivers fender cup (very small). I have a '72 core support and inner fenders that are in great shape. Will these interchange? I think the headlight buckets for the '67 are mounted on the core support, but I don't know if that is something that would hinder me from using mine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
sameyrasmea72

Re: Front Core support and inner fender interchangebility?

The inner fenders should be fine, the core support will need to be replaced or have some mods made to it.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

I have heard but can not confirm that if you remove the headlight buckets off a 69-72 core support it would work. Like I said, I am not sure. I referred my friend to Mike's Bump and Grind Garage for his grille on his 72 and got a polished grille aftermarket for Cheap!! I will not post his price but PM him. He is a vendor on the board and in the Clear Lake area.
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
jorgensensc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CSTC5 View Post
I have heard but can not confirm that if you remove the headlight buckets off a 69-72 core support it would work. Like I said, I am not sure. I referred my friend to Mike's Bump and Grind Garage for his grille on his 72 and got a polished grille aftermarket for Cheap!! I will not post his price but PM him. He is a vendor on the board and in the Clear Lake area.
THanks for the info, I gave him a shout.
Does anyone else have any ideas about the core support?

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Ford Assassin

Digging up an old thread.....

I need to know the same answer.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
bigsnookmaster

67&68 have different headlight locations than 69-72.I used an aftermarket in my 68,and had a few problems.1 radiator support hole was angled,and two of the lower pan bolts didn't have the threaded insert in them,and it had a slight bend to it.I've since found an NOS core support,but everything is painted and put together now.
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

digging up a 14month old thread to say me too?
Why not start a NEW thread?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
Ford Assassin

Wink Re: Front Core support and inner fender interchangebility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
digging up a 14month old thread to say me too?
Why not start a NEW thread?
Why does it matter? Or better question, why do YOU care?

Take care.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Assassin View Post
Why does it matter? Or better question, why do YOU care?

Take care.
Let me answer your last question first...
Quote:
Or better question, why do YOU care?
Becouse I am part of the forum staff, hand picked by the owner of this site to help make sure this website runs smoothly. You can tell who is who on this site by the title under there name.
So in short... it is my job to care.

And now... for your first wuestion...
Quote:
Why does it matter?
Bringing up a post of that age is not only a waste of your personal time, but it creates confusion to some of the people who were involved in it 14 months ago.
It can ALSO cause low participation in respondants to your question. Since there were people who already responded, they are more likely to skip over it since they can see the icon saying they already responded. That is less of an issue on a thread like this that is so short.

When i posted that, it was said in partial jest. However, I can't fathom why anyone would do this... it's normally something a new member who has never participated on an online discussion board would do. That was actually the first thing i did was check if you were new.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 09-04-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
Ford Assassin

Talking Re: Front Core support and inner fender interchangebility?

Quote:
Let me answer your last question first...

Becouse I am part of the forum staff, hand picked by the owner of this site to help make sure this website runs smoothly. You can tell who is who on this site by the title under there name.
So in short... it is my job to care.
Allow me to rephrase my question, why do you care about something that isn't breaking the rules of this forum?

No where is it listed that I am not allowed to dig up old threads, for any reason.

Its totally clear you take your 'job' pretty seriously, so you'll forgive me if I think that you might just be another moderator, like other message board moderators before you that is somewhat flexing his/hers moderator muscles in front of the whole board, otherwise you would taken this to a PM instead of broadcasting it for all to see.

Quote:
And now... for your first wuestion...

Bringing up a post of that age is not only a waste of your personal time, but it creates confusion to some of the people who were involved in it 14 months ago.
It can ALSO cause low participation in respondants to your question. Since there were people who already responded, they are more likely to skip over it since they can see the icon saying they already responded. That is less of an issue on a thread like this that is so short.

When i posted that, it was said in partial jest. However, I can't fathom why anyone would do this... it's normally something a new member who has never participated on an online discussion board would do. That was actually the first thing i did was check if you were new.

This is one of many message boards I am a member of, so regardless of my 'rank' here, this isn't my first rodeo. Also like many other boards I notice if someone asks a question that has been asked before (like this one) they get total to 'do a search'. This is EXACTLY what I did.

So instead of starting another thread with the exact same question, I just replied instead. This way all those involved might still learn something new. Another reason I decided to dig it up instead of starting over is because jorgensensc never got his question answered on this thread. Who knows why, maybe no one knew at the time, or maybe his question just fell through the cracks, but regardless maybe someone NOW know the answer which I am also seeking.

My point is if no one is suppose to reply to older threads, why aren't they locked down after a predetermined amount of time?

Last edited by Ford Assassin; 09-04-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
jholley

Ok so...... If I remove the headlight perches off of my 69 core support and weld them onto a 68 support in the appropriate locations will everything else bolt up?
I'm going to try it today. I guess I'll let the board know if it works out.

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote