The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Life after selling

For those of you who have sold your "Babies" what is life like after it? I'm still waiting on mine to sell but I already find myself dumbfounded on what to do with my extra time. I'm thinking about throwing a lift on the Ram but then I would be doing the same thing for the reason that I'm getting rid of the 71. It's like a sickness!! Why can't I just have something and be pleased with it instead of always having to modify it? Maybe I need to find a new hobby
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
thelonerife

Re: Life after selling

I've had quite a few trucks. I always wanted a shortbed. Came across a 68 shortbed that the local school system was selling. It needed some things. I drove it home. Long story short I sold it .When i sold it, it had a 327, turbo 350, tilt, buckets and console, factory ac vents cut in . all the stuff under the hood for ac. . ralleys,The body was good. I had plans to do a 5 lug switch, and so on. I regret it to this day. I sold it to guy at my church. Then he sold it to somebody else. Don't make my mistake. Be content. If you have to do something to it ...clean it, rotate the tires ,change the oil, change a gasket. Once its gone its gone..
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
mvfd70

Re: Life after selling

If you just HAVE to do something to the truck, change the air in the tires. That's supposed to be done every 12,000 miles or so anyway. Also you can check the level of the trun signal fluid, or adjust the carburator pistons, or adjust the linkage on the fuel pump belt, check the water level in the crank case, change the lugnuts, or even change the oil in the fan clutch.

There is always something on a vehicle (especially an old classic one) that needs some tinkering on. In my experience, dont sell unless you just really want to or need to. I sold my first 68 back in 1997. I regreted it as soon as the guy drove off in it. It took me almost 10 years to get another one.
mvfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote