The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
My72K2500

Looking for help

I'm getting ready to bring my new toy home, it's a 1972 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4. What I would like to do is install a 1989 Tuned Port system from my brothers old Camaro on a rebuilt 350. I've been acquiring the parts over the last two years while I looked for the truck itself. I have a 700R4 that's been rebuilt completely by a reputable local shop, it's going to hook up to a NP205 that may, or may not need to be gone through. The truck has discs on the front, but the owner tossed in a set of discs that he had for the rear which is an Eaton. I have a fuel tank for a Suburban, and some other miscellaneous parts the previous owner sent with the deal, including a perfectly straight 1967 GMC grille.
I've been browsing this website for quite sometime and I hope you'll all be patient with me if I ask the same questions you've seen a hundred times. I'm looking forward to buttoning up my garage this winter and settling in to make this project go. I have always wanted one of these trucks, my dad had one when I was a little girl, and I loved it, my daughters have already said that they intend to be out there helping me get it done. I apologize for such a long posting, but I'm sure this won't be my last one.
Elizabeth
Old 09-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #2
big blue 72

Not sure what your question was, but WELCOME to the best place on the net for truck advice!
Big Blue 72
big blue 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
adamls
Gotta Startem Early

Always good to have some women in the hobby. I will take that grill off of you if it is taking up too much space.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
adamls
Gotta Startem Early

Oh by the way any time you need some help give me a PM. Always willin to give my 2 cents.