The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
xshadow

Why/How did this work?

I put a low hump 2wd cab on a 4x4 frame and it worked. I've seen one other 2wd cab on a 4x4. Here are some pictures. I've been told that this can't be done but the cab and low hump cleared the trans and transfer case.. Not much space in there, and I already have a high hump that I'm putting in anyway. I just haven't gotten around to cutting out the low hump yet.

xshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
xshadow

Re: Why/How did this work?

Old 08-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

you have new cabmounts there?
Mine is about that close, and I know my cab had bumped my tranny before I have a high hump piece I wanna swap into mine, but don't wanna put the high hump carpet in a leaky cab though.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
xshadow

No new cab mounts.
When I saw one a while back I figured they did someting to make it work. Just to be sure that I have no problems in the future I'm going to put in the high hump. (got a good deal from a board member) I also wan't to be able to have access to the bolts if i ever need it.....I don't have carpet or a mat that will go over a high hump yet. I'm short on money so that's going to have to wait. I was surprised because everyone told me that it can't be done. It seems to have bolted down right nothing is touching the cab. I haven't put the shifter on the transfer case yet.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Zeke

I believe the high hump is needed with the 4spd manual gearbox. Might not be an issue with auto or 3spd.

When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent. George Carlin
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

it's supposed to be used on all 4X4's. I think it'sprobably just a larger safe space. The factory knows the cab will move, so they added a 3 inch minimum (or what ever) Like I said, my tranny is that close in my low hum cap with my caddy swap, and I KNOW it's bumped the floor a few times.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote