The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
72BLUZ

Parts For 1983 Custom Deluxe

:fb I NEED LEFT AND RIGHT FENDERS, INSIDE DOOR PANELS, DASH PAD PERFEERABLY BURGANDY OR MAROON. DASH PAD NEEDS TO BE FOR FACTORY A/C, AND MARKER LIGHT LENS IN FRONT BUMPER FOR PASSENGER SIDE (ALL USED PARTS WANTED IF POSSIBLE/SALAVAGE YARDS FOR THESE PARTS ARE SCARCE IN OUR AREA) CONTACT NAME AND NUMBERS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Last edited by 72BLUZ; 09-12-2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: UPDATE THE STATEMENT
72BLUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
Mr79C10
It Is What It Is,,,,

Re: Parts For 1983 Custom Delux

ummmm,, LMC or Brothers should be able to help.
79 C-10 project
.........................__
..............._____ l __\___
..............|_(O)_ |___(O) ]
FAQ INDEX Thread
The Kulture
My Rat Den
Mr79C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
koreric75
83C10SWB

a trip to the salvage yard couldn't hurt, i put 2 "new" doors of a similar year suburban, went with the electric windows, and found a nice driver side fender to boot. I was never able to find a decent seat, but many good parts to be found out there. I think I gave $70 for the doors with the electronics and glass in tact. You can check my website for the progress and pics of the swap...unfortunately the colors don't match...yet.
83 C10 SWB FOR SALE
350ci/700Raptor Jr
Picture&Progress Page
koreric75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Mr79C10
It Is What It Is,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreric75 View Post
a trip to the salvage yard couldn't hurt, i put 2 "new" doors of a similar year suburban, went with the electric windows, and found a nice driver side fender to boot. I was never able to find a decent seat, but many good parts to be found out there. I think I gave $70 for the doors with the electronics and glass in tact. You can check my website for the progress and pics of the swap...unfortunately the colors don't match...yet.

DUDE,,, I dig the place ya stuck you window switches!!
79 C-10 project
.........................__
..............._____ l __\___
..............|_(O)_ |___(O) ]
FAQ INDEX Thread
The Kulture
My Rat Den
Mr79C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
koreric75
83C10SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr79C10 View Post
DUDE,,, I dig the place ya stuck you window switches!!
Thanks man, problem was the originals weren't functional, found the others on a website and ordered them, they're lit, i just used a piece of plastic, for the mounting plate, i still need to go back and do alot of finishing work, i kinda lost interest in the truck for awhile, just been working and fishing a lot lately...i need to change the front seal on the tranny looks like, seems it leaks all the fluid out when it sits for too long. Bad thing is the huge dent on the top of the cab, i'm not a good enough body guy to fix it so i'll probably look to swap out the cabs when/if i come across a good one.
I really like the way the billit grill looks on that slammed chevy, i want to do the rear end next for performance upgrade then i'll start on suspension and steering upgrades...all new parts from LMC is the plan on that one, it won't be as low as yours but will sit nicely with a slight rake.(still want to use it like a truck from time to time). after the last of the mechanical/safety stuff then the body work will begin, have thought about instead of cab swap to turn it into a soft top/rag top...any ideas on this one are welcome.
83 C10 SWB FOR SALE
350ci/700Raptor Jr
Picture&Progress Page

Last edited by koreric75; 09-11-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: P.S.
koreric75 is offline   Reply With Quote