The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
68 P.O.S.

How about Belltech shocks

Since we have a couple shock threads going on I figure 1 more can't hurt to help people out for variety. Has anybody used any of the Belltech shocks? I have the Nitroactives on all four corners for my 3/5 drop. I feel they give the truck a nice ride and it handles well. But I can only compare them to the worn out Monroes that were on there before. What do you guys think?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
68 P.O.S.

Re: How about Belltech shocks

Okay, I guess not. I suppose we beat the shock subject to death already.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

I am glad you brought it up again,my truck rides like crap and it helps to hear the name of deferent shocks that others are using.With out others opinions we would have no choice but to buy and try and being married I know that is not about to happen.
BigDaddyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
68 P.O.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDave View Post
I am glad you brought it up again,my truck rides like crap and it helps to hear the name of deferent shocks that others are using.With out others opinions we would have no choice but to buy and try and being married I know that is not about to happen.
Like I said before, since I've owned my truck, I've only had worn out shocks on it so I don't have anything to compare the Belltech's to. All I know is I like them. I don't know if anyone else has any experience with the NitroActive or the NiroDrop Belltech shocks.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
jlaird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
Like I said before, since I've owned my truck, I've only had worn out shocks on it so I don't have anything to compare the Belltech's to. All I know is I like them. I don't know if anyone else has any experience with the NitroActive or the NiroDrop Belltech shocks.
I had them on my 97 f150. I always wanted to change them out to see if it was the shocks that was making it ride like crap. Never found out though, sold it to help pay for the Chev!
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
steveshow
Account Suspended

i have Notro drops on my 79 Malibu along with 2" dropped spindles new stock front coils and shorter coilsout back. It rides as good as it did with stock springs/ spindles with Monroe Gas matics I also run F41 (Monte SS) sway bars front and rear and frame braces from the front cross member to the rad support and I am running Brodix aluminum heads, aluminum water pump, electric fansand battery in trunk, allto get weight off the nose, so it handles good too.
steveshow is offline   Reply With Quote