The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
bigbluthng

bagged ride as a daily driver

how do you like it? what would you do differant. what issues do you encounter? i'm thinking of using the blazer as a daily driver once i get her all bolted up and ready to go again. i only have a 5 mile in town commute and it hardly rains here so that's not a concern.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Frizzle Fry

Re: bagged ride as a daily driver

I drive mine daily. Just need to tuck the exhaust up tighter. I tend to ride as low as possible so there's the occasional scrapage... But the collector flanges are still holdin on I also have a digital system that makes it more convenient I suppose. I think the most important thing for a DD is to be sure it can still roll freely when aired out (mine cannot at the moment )
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I drive mine daily. Just need to tuck the exhaust up tighter. I tend to ride as low as possible so there's the occasional scrapage... But the collector flanges are still holdin on I also have a digital system that makes it more convenient I suppose. I think the most important thing for a DD is to be sure it can still roll freely when aired out (mine cannot at the moment )
I agree with what Frizzle said. I used to have a 65 chevelle that was bagged and i drove it alot. Almost a daily driver and i popped 2 air bags and the front would scrap when they popped. If you are going to drive it daily i would recommend to have it setup so if a bag pops you can still drive it or at least drive it off the road. I would also recommend getting a digital air gauge so that way you can drive the truck at the same amount of pressure so you save your tires. Besides that i loved it. I would definately do another bagged driver!

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
bodydropped

ive drove mine about 4k miles in around month and half mines a daily driver i dont lay all the way in the frt since we set it up on 17s and im still running my frt inner fenders but once i get 20s were tubing it
bodydropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
fastbagged68

Look into Accu Air Control System for a daily driver. The system will go to ride height when you start the car. It is based on suspension sensors and not air pressure.
fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
edflores

no guages on mine. does fine. had a toyota bagged and bodydropped as a daily but it was on ball valves connected to a gauge so it was real easy to ride at desired height. my bagged ride was stranded once when an airline got loose and my tire rubbed it up till it blew. then i was stuck at home last week because i ran out of nitrogen. lame. but i keep a schrader valve and a few crecent wrenches in my truck in case i run out again.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
Scott68-93-97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I agree I ripped my exhaust right off the manifold when the original crossover pipe still hung low on a man hole cover, I had my exhaust guy tuck it up tighter to the motor and all is well drove it daily for years until I tore it apart to change a few things
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...44#post2286144

1993 XtdCab Longbed 4x4 6.5Turbo/NV4500 "Daily Driver"

1985 Toyota XtdCab 4x4 22re/W-56/Dual T-cases, Doug Thorley Header, Homebrew front and rear spring packs, Tons of Mods to suspension and drivetrain, 35" boggers, coming soon ARB's and 5.29's, Possible 4.3/700r4 swap
Scott68-93-97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
bigtruck81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbagged68 View Post
Look into Accu Air Control System for a daily driver. The system will go to ride height when you start the car. It is based on suspension sensors and not air pressure.
i came across my install and service manuals for AccuAir today while i was at the shop, and wondered how it would work on something other than a motorhome (what we use them on) apparently they're pretty decent. neat and easy to use systems for sure.
bigtruck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
impala_631
:( BYEBYE :(

just make shure its a quality setup with a good install and dont abuse it and you will be fine
impala_631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #10
bodydropped

ive put 5k on mine since its been bagged and thats been about 2 months ago
bodydropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
ZBS 64

Driven daily here in the great north west
ZBS 64 is offline   Reply With Quote