The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

board member review

Recently i entered into a transaction with a newbie here who goes by the handle FDrummer28. He posted an 82 chevy truck for sale on here and he is located in Somerset NJ. (He also has a camaro and a 2wd GMC for sale and at least one of them is on the board classifieds.
Dave was very nice and agreed to meet me at one of the local malls so i could view the truck. He said it was confusing to get to his house so he would do it that way. He met me and had good phone contact and brought me a truck which was in better condition that described in the ad. He allowed me to drive the truck and said the truck was sold "AS IS". he had an asking price of $300.00

The ad to the truck said the truck had an edelbrock intake and carb.

Well after driving the truck and finding a few things that ere kinda wrong with it, I told him the truck would work for me and i woudnt fight him on the price of $300 as long as he kept the very used truck box in it and he would top off the fluids as the trans had a leak and i wanted to make sure the trans would hold together for a while. and he had to take an old motor block out of the bed.He agreed.$300 was a very fair price for this truck considering the motor and the rubber on it. it needs an exhaust a Rear Main Seal on the trans and a fair amount of body work as well as front end work.
I then proceeded to go to a ATM and withdraw the $300 cash and pay him for the truck and at that time i also took the title. The deal was he was going to take the truck home to his house which the addess was on the title, and i was going to get plates and insurance on it and we would get the truck in a couple of days. The deal was struck on a friday and it would be tuesday morning when i would get it or monday night
monday rolls around and i called the guy and got no answer. I had gotten my plates and all and said to myself im in NJ ill go look at the truck at his house and see whats up. I pull up and he is there with one of his buddies and the buddy is pulling out the carb. Dave tells me he sold the carb to him over a month ago ( i didint even realize the truck ad said edelbrock carb) and hes replacing it with some other carb. In addition hes pulled the truck box out and wants to keep it.
I didnt have to open my mouth my wife started flipping and she got him to give us back $70 for the carb and box. Well once the carb is installed the truck ran like crap so after some dicekering he agrees to put the edelbrock carb back on the truck and i gave him back $40 of the $70 he gave me
finally after two hours i was able to get on the road with my truck minus the tool box.for $260 i am very happy with the truck, but i am a little upset with the attempt of a scam. I would do business with Dave again, but id buy on spot and not give him the opportunity to try and bait and switch things. Id recommend the same for any of you all who decide to buy from him

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: board member review

I wouldn`t deal with that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote