The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
67'ShortMonster

Fasteners required for assembly ???

Hey guys, i need some help.

I am getting ready to assemble the front clip of my 67 chevy to the cab and chassis. We sprayed some last night, and the rest will be sprayed tongiht... I need to have the truck assembled to move it in about 4 days, to another shop.
I want to assemble the front clip with stainless fastneres if i can. Only problem is, all the original fasteners i took out, are missing. The guys say they are in the shop somewhere, but no one knows where. If i had them, it would be easy enough to just go get new ones based on what i took out.

I am wondering if anyone has, or can get a list of size, thread and qty required for the fasteners for getting the front clip onto the rest of the truck... including the hood. If someone could do this, it would be awesome for me, and i am sure other people on this forum would use the information as well. I searched, but couldn't find any actual numbers, only that one fella had the information in a book.
Again, I would appreciate the help, and time is of the essence... because i will need them in a couple days to get everything together. I could just size them as i go.... but the only place that sells this stuff, is a 1 hr drive away... and they are only open while i am at work... so i have to order them with my visa and have a friend pick them up for me.

Thanks Again
67'
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Re: Fasteners required for assembly ???

get in touch with Doc's House of Bolts ... he can sell you a Stainless Steel kit made just for your model truck ...
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
67'ShortMonster

That would be great, only like i said, i need this thing together in three days, i don't have time to wait for shipping something.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
gotchevys?

monster, take a look at this thread I have a picture and information on the type of bolt you will need to put together the majority of the front clip on a 68.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=258351

Last edited by gotchevys?; 10-02-2007 at 02:43 PM.
gotchevys? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
67'ShortMonster

Thanks, that's kinda what i was looking for. Since i originally posted this morning, i ran over the the local GM at lunch and they had a assembly manual with all the fasteners required. I'll list them out, in case anyone else is need of them. All quantities are rounded up, as i had to count them off the picture, and i wanted to be sure I had enough.

(40) 5/16"-18 x 7/8" long
(10) 5/16"-18 x 3/4" long
(10) 3/8"-16 x 7/8" long
(4) 3/8"-16 x 1 1/8" long

I am just gonna get (50) 5/16"-18 x 3/4" with flatwashers & (16) 3/8"-16 x 1" long with flat washers
I am also gonna get a bunch of fender flat washers for both. I am getting everything in stainless.
Hope this helps someone. I would post the picture i got, but i will have to scan it first, and see if i can post pictures on here. Not sure if i have to be a member or not first.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
Shane
Account Suspended

If your going with all stainless, make sure you pic up some anti-seize.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #7
67'ShortMonster

Good point... Seized stainless bolts are not fun... for those who don't already know... cuz if you ever break one, you ain't gonna have fun trying to drill it... the stainless mucks up drill bits.
Using never sieze is a must.... but don't use a lot.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
71tahoe

You also have 2 bolts that hold the inner fender to the cab. They are 7/16-14 x about 1" (maybe a little longer) with a thick fender washer. About 3/32 thick.

Edit: I'm now second guessing the threads. I know a head bolt will thread into the weld nut so that's my basis for 7/16-14.

Last edited by 71tahoe; 10-03-2007 at 08:23 PM.
71tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #9
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
get in touch with Doc's House of Bolts ... he can sell you a Stainless Steel kit made just for your model truck ...
hey shane do you have a link to this site. i tried to find it on yahoo and couldnt...ami as dumb as i think .......thanks in advance tony
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote