The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
big71
Account Suspended

67-72 truck meet: South East REGION

come lets dont let the west out do us we need a big metting come vender help out sponsor this thing i will be the lead man if ya want me to but iam not sleeping in a drawer lololol
big71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
kingparts

I was talking with Tim C. and we want to help out. We need a place and a time. I know the idea about having it at a big event already set up but then Tim and I can't sit around and talk with everybody because we will be selling parts. Tim C., Big71 and myself will think of a few places and dates and see what everybody thinks. If anybody has any suggestions post them. I don't want to let this die. It might just be the three of us showing up, but when you put Tim's 4 kids and my 3 kids together, thats a big group anyway.LOL
David
Old 10-02-2002, 09:58 PM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Cool All Chevy/GMC truck show

P/F Tenn. already has a S.E. truck show are they have in the past. Might be a good place to meet. I always try and go. Are maybe Myrtle Beach show.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #4
speeddemon

I would like to meet up somewhere also. I would be willing to travel a few states away if need be. Only thing is I only have two weekends of a month so I would need a date a few months in advance so I can get off work if need be. let me know if you need any help.

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:09 PM   #5
Tim Christian

Talking

We will talk about it and get it figured out. As far as sponsors we already have two. Kingparts and Christian's Classic Truck Parts
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

I think the GOODGUYS at Charlotte would be best since it is so late in the year. Besides I was in sales for almost 20 yrs, so if Dave and Tim want to talk The Weasel will mind the store for a Coke and a few parts. LOL !!!!!!!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #7
wnc mountain
More hobbies than money!

Let me know what I can do to help. Thinking about places to go...not sure, but I'm sure no one want's to come to this town. Maybe Myrtle Beach? I don't think it really matters does it? Lets pick a spot and a date!

Nov. 9,10,11? It's a holiday weekend(At least for me, banks are closed)
'72 Blazer project
wnc mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:28 AM   #8
BrianStep72

I'm in. Let's figure out a place and a time. Taking guesses on a 'central place' in the southeast, that'd be around Atlanta, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Charlotte. There are all great places there within a 2 hour drive for most of the southeast members..

I wonder what it costs to 'rent' a fairground at one of those locations...

Brian
1972 Chevy C10 Stepside Pickup
1987 Chevy IROC Z28 Camaro 1LE+TPI - racecar
2004 Chevy Tahoe
2013 Chevy Silverado Tow Rig
--------------------------------------
http://www.bowtieracing.org
BrianStep72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #9
kingparts

Date would possibly be in mid March 03.
I want to throw out two options:
1)We could meet at the Greer dragway in Greer, SC on a Saturday while they are racing. Have us an area to have a truck show and if people want to settle a few arguments we could do it there(racing that is). They have a regular scheduled events on Thursday and Saturday. Hotels are all around that area. Look on a map and it is close to all major interstates. The dragway has a website.
2)We could meet in the parking lot of Goodmark in Atlanta,Ga and possibly set up a tour of the place. It is quite large. They are in Lawrenceville, GA.
I have not spoken with either one, but just throwing out ideas.
Lets keep it going.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

These are all great ideas. We just need to start getting organized. I have the time to work on anything we need to. Lets start getting a team of us together to make this happen. Tony (big71) and I have talked about this a few times. What we need to know now is who is able to work on this with us.
Any south east coast members who would like to see this happen, please reply. Let us know if you have time to help or just want to be involved in the fun. Either one is fine we just need an idea of how many members are interested. So far the response has been great. A successfull meet will take a while to plan, so I think Kingparts suggestion is a good one. Also South Carolina is a good central location for a meet in the southeast, as is Tenn.
Thanks,
Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 02:34 PM   #11
Shane
Account Suspended

Tennessee would be my vote. The Carolina's would be a stretch for me getting off work for the "travel time."

I realize that there is no such place as a "Perfect Place" for everyone.....but I thought I would throw the Tennessee idea out there again.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:03 PM   #12
BrianStep72

How's about Chattanooga, TN (on i-75 in southeast corner of tennessee).

We could work out something with the tennessee aquarium and have some kind of a truck show to benefit chattanooga's children's hospital. How bout we call it ...

"Trucks at the Tank" - Classic Trucks visit the Tennessee Aquarium.

This would give all our kids something to do while we have the 1 day show outside... OR we could do something at one of the many Chattanooga State parks. Or, i know folks there who can help with other ideas....

Brian
1972 Chevy C10 Stepside Pickup
1987 Chevy IROC Z28 Camaro 1LE+TPI - racecar
2004 Chevy Tahoe
2013 Chevy Silverado Tow Rig
--------------------------------------
http://www.bowtieracing.org
BrianStep72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:12 PM   #13
treefrog

Talking Word of Advice

If Weasel shows up to help "sell" parts for Tim and Dave, be very cautious if he has with him a hydraulic jack and a tool box.
TF

Last edited by treefrog; 10-03-2002 at 03:21 PM.
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:49 PM   #14
kingparts

I was hoping everybody would just jump up and down about the drag race concept.LOL Whatever is the majority is the way to go. Lets hear some more ideas. Keep them coming.
David
Old 10-03-2002, 06:57 PM   #15
Chevyc10!

I'm definitely in...especially if its in March, that gives me enough time to forecast leave from Uncle Sam...
Goodmark in Lawrenceville, GA. has my vote (of course its closest to me!) But Tennesse wouldn't be to long a strech either. Let me know the dates and I'll be there!

Paralyzed from the neck up and confined to a hat!

Kathleen, Georgia USA
Chevyc10! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 07:19 PM   #16
treefrog

Truck Gathering

I'm in, anywhere in the S.E. I have met a few people on this board, and everyone has been extrodinarily helpful and kind. I would just like to have a meeting so I can meet more of the people here. Even with a 456 rear I can afford the trip.

I'm all for the drag idea, even if I turn in the low 2 minutes. The last time I ran, they didn't even have brackets. (that's when I quit).

Please - no flames on this - but, as for the time and place, we are never going to get a concensus. I have seen these posts before, and it is too constrained by individual attendence availabilites. Set a time and a place, and if people want to make it, they will. True, the attendance may be sparce for the first year, but as more and more become aware of the truly fine people here, it will develop into a gathering that everyone will make time for. Just my $ 0.02. No flames please. TF
Old 10-03-2002, 07:25 PM   #17
Chevyc10!

I agree with treefrog, where ever is decided, I'll do what I can to be there. My only grief is when Uncle Sam throws me a curve ball at the last minute! Not much you can do about that though, Price ya pay when your serving in the military. Oh well, 9 more years to a retirement check!

See you all there. (fingers crossed!)

Paralyzed from the neck up and confined to a hat!

Kathleen, Georgia USA
Chevyc10! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #18
treefrog

SE Gathering

Thanks c10, my point exactly. Let me start by thanking your for your service to our Country.

In todays economy, unfortunately we are all restricted by circumstance. None of us has the flexibility to do what we want when we want to. If I had my way, I wouldn't be on the road 70% of the time. But if other gatherings, like Super Chevy, etc are well attended, ultimately we could be as well. Frankly, I've seen as many 29 - 49 vehicles I care to see. I mean on offence, but I've pretty well seen them all.

Even my opinion that the public at large is beginning to feel the same about "old cars" is not the point. The point is, if we are going to spend what limited time and resources we have on our hobby(?), should not we have the opportunity to meet with people who have the same intensity?

I say set a time and place. The ones who can attend will. The attendees will be disappointed at not having the opportunity to meet those who could not. You may be suprised with the turnout.
Sorry for the long post. TF
Old 10-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #19
big71
Account Suspended

thats what i say hey the way i look at it is if you want to be on a show committie then you e-mail me not pm thats fill the box to full to quick and then us few that is on the show committie will set time and place and get all the help we need and if you dont want to be on the show committie and would like to help the day of the show e-mail me and then just us show committie will arrange it thanks
Old 10-03-2002, 09:24 PM   #20
big71
Account Suspended

drag stripe is the bommb baby my 402 is begging me to turn it lossseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10-03-2002, 10:27 PM   #21
JD72
WTF

Just say when and where, and if a few of us travel we could meet up and have us a little caravan on the way to the show.

72 cheyenne primer factory air lowered rallyes with flat caps flowmasters 12 bolt 3.73 350/350 combo needs rockers . Cowl hood installed.
81 Malibu wagon lowered with 17's bright ass yellow and v-6.
71 225 Electra all original 455/4
81 z28
JD72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 06:15 AM   #22
Tim Christian

Smile

ttt
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #23
kingparts

One thing to remember is that it could be held in a certain palce one year and moved the next. So if it is a long stretch away this time, there will be a good chance that next time it will be closer.
David
Old 10-04-2002, 08:12 PM   #24
big71
Account Suspended

this need to stay on top
Old 10-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #25
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I'm in and if it's a family deal my wife would even go.Just keep the post going on the 3 w's and the H. A camping venue would also work and give the vendors a time where they didn't need to be selling. just a thought.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote