The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #1
MudIsGood

1985 Chevrolet D-30

Hello. I am new on this message board and have been looking for a long time for a chevy/gmc board. I currently own a 1985 chevy d-30. it is an ex-military truck from desert storm. i am looking to put some new parts on it but cant seem to find them cheap. first of all, the engine is mint. its a 6.2 diesel with a 2 bbl carbuerator (i think). im looking for a 4 bbl to go on it (cheap). the next issue is the exhaust. the mufflers are in great shape but the tail pipes are starting to rust through. im most likely going to take every thing off and put stainless steel straight pipes on (but leaving the cats on). it also has an eight foot bed. im also going to need a new seat cover. the drivers side of the bench is completely riped apart. so if anyone can hep me out with this quite lengthy list of items, id appreciate it. also, any opinions would be appreciated too.

Christof Ambrosch
-Class of 2004
-85 Chevrolet D-30
-98 AMG HUMMER Wagon
MudIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote