The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
bolton66chev

A little HELP fellas!

So I am looking at replacing the: front fender, rocker panels/door panel floor pans; LMC Truck priced them at: Front fender: $220, each side; rocker panels/Door panels: $40 each side; Floor pans: $30 each side
Wanted to know if these were good deals or if there are any other deps., websites or stores to order them from for cheaper?

Thanks Fellas!
bolton66chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #2
NF65Fleetside

Re: A little HELP fellas!

try and check out Truck and Car shop, prices are a tad cheaper than LMC for those parts
NF65Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
rodnok1

Personally I wouldn't buy squat from them, horrible customer service. They burned me on a core and messed up other things. I get all my stuff from Gmc Pauls

64 Panel 1/2 Ton
350cubes/400hp
BorgWarner t-10
3:73 Auburn Posi
rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
LIVE RUST
1966 Chevy/GMC Mongrel K10

Talking Re: A little HELP fellas!

Just a little heads up, don't expect anything to fit. All a/m (China ) parts need a little massaging to work. I put a rocker and cab corners on mine and they were junk. I have seen the floor pans and they're about half the guage thickness of the stock floor pan. I'm not sure how the fenders and door panels will be but beware. You would think with all the people on this board, you could get more opinions of the aftermarket sheet metal. Sombody's had to have used them. I started a thread asking of the quality of rear fenders and I got one reply (thanks Mike). In my opinion, if a panel is at all repairable, try to save it. Good luck and I hope I haven't discouraged you, just giving you an honest opinion.
LIVE RUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
64GMCHorsepower
Justified!

I Would check the board, several board vendors can help you with what fits better, and which has the best quality replacement parts...

1964 GMC Fleetside Shortbed....350/700R4 tranny
64GMCHorsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
krue
Designated A-hole!

Click the link in my sig and scroll down to the red names for board supporting vendors. Can't hurt to check them out.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
PA66C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolton66chev View Post
So I am looking at replacing the: front fender, rocker panels/door panel floor pans; LMC Truck priced them at: Front fender: $220, each side; rocker panels/Door panels: $40 each side; Floor pans: $30 each side
Wanted to know if these were good deals or if there are any other deps., websites or stores to order them from for cheaper?

Thanks Fellas!
I do have to agree that LMC is not the most impressive. I've not done anything with returning a core yet, but they have been good on my shipments so far. The only place I found around the prices you gave is bowtiebits.com $225 for a front fender, $39 for the rocker, and $22 for the floor pans. I've not had a problem with these guys either, I screwed up when I first ordered my wiring harnesses from them and they exchanged them even though they weren't supposed to. Don't forget you get what you pay for.

Shawn
PA66C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
bolton66chev

Thanks for all the help guys, now it will be time to weigh my odds....
bolton66chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
baddawg65

I'm thinking of trying U.S. Body source to replace my front fenders. If you check their site, they also have metal repo body parts. The shipping seems to be the biggest difference in price factors. http://www.usbody.com/
baddawg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
onebad'65

I've ordered thru LMC, americanclassic.com, and I've ordered parts thru Chevy duty. LMC is reasonable on a lot of parts but chevy duty has been a better distributor to me I get the parts faster and they've got a great customer service dept.
onebad'65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #11
Preacher

I agree with you, onebad65. Chevy Duty has been good to me also and I have gotten fenders from them, good quality. If your in need of wiring, Ron Francis Wire works is awesome. All kinds of options from them at no real extra cost. I completely rewired my truck in a weekend. These wiring kits are for idiots, you can't mess up! Wire works is in Chester, PA on the outskirts of Philly.
2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever."
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
PAPIS 65

Ive got a brand new driver front fender im trying to get rid of if thats the side you need
PAPIS 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #13
stepside66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA66C20 View Post
I do have to agree that LMC is not the most impressive. I've not done anything with returning a core yet, but they have been good on my shipments so far. The only place I found around the prices you gave is bowtiebits.com $225 for a front fender, $39 for the rocker, and $22 for the floor pans. I've not had a problem with these guys either, I screwed up when I first ordered my wiring harnesses from them and they exchanged them even though they weren't supposed to. Don't forget you get what you pay for.

Shawn
that guy has quite a bit of stuff for these trucks I go to his shop every once in awhile
stepside66 is offline   Reply With Quote