The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
87rado

New one from South Alabama

Hey guys. I found this forum a couple weeks back. There are many questions ya'll have answered for me already. Fantastic resource. I thank you all for your contributions to this priceless knowledge base.

My chevy is a daily driver. My Dad bought it new in 87. It was a silverado and still says it on the dash, but that's about it now. My Dad had adopted this boy and gave him this truck when he turned 16. Dad hadn't even used the ashtray in it. This kid was doing baja with it out in the woods and jumping ditches and stuff. It's a 2 wheel drive. Needless to say, he pretty much trashed it in short order. Dad repoed it and I bought it from him. That was about 7 years ago. I have been doing a lot of work to it since then. I already have 120,000 miles on the motor I put in. It came out of an 84 Camaro. I tore it down and rebuilt it. Took out all the computer stuff. The old 305 was just shot. I just got it painted last week. Went with the original black again. I need to take some updated pics, but here is one of it from a few months back. It does look much better now.

I will be posting more and asking questions as well as sharing what I can. Thanks again for have such a place to dicuss what gets me around.

Name:  apickup.jpg
Views: 5334
Size:  73.8 KB

Newer shot.
Name:  rside.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  87.9 KB

Lee

Last edited by 87rado; 10-13-2007 at 02:36 AM. Reason: add pic
87rado is offline   Reply With Quote