The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
dilling

what would you do vendor sent wrong hood

I made a $2000 order, the vendeor sent a cowl hood. I wanted a flat hood, he knows it is his mistake. It is not partical for me to go to his place, and he does come this way. I order $2700 for the same vendor a month ago,we are a shop and he could have all are bussiness. I like the guy, and do not want to be a hard ass, but I think he should make it right. I think it would cost over $100 to send the wrong hood back. Then $100 to send right hood back, I don't think I should pay for any of that. So whats right thing to do >?

I would use him for all parts we do maybe about($10,000) a year if he would step up. It has been a month if he does not fix it friday, I am going might call credit card company. Thanks for any advice
dilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
mhdie

Re: what would you do vendor sent wrong hood

i would ask him, i have been in a similar situation before and the guy told me to keep it.
mhdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
killer71

If he sent you the wrong hood he should pay for shipping to return the hood and send you the correct one! Anything less wouldn't be right for the customer.
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
71tahoe

You could do a few things.

If you got a break on shipping with the large order, just request the same for the new hood (ex. total shipping/number of parts) and sell the cowl hood.

Maybe if he agrees you could sell his stuff that's sent wrong on consignment and only pay for reduced shipping

If he won't go for those options get nasty:
Tell him he hasn't completed the order and he must ship your hood at his expense and if he wants his hood he can pay shipping back.
71tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
chev74
Addicted to Chevy

you should not be out any money in the whole deal- only what you would have owed if he sent you the right hood.

but why dont you keep the cowl hood?
chev74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Tell him to send you the hood you need, and tell him that you will try to move the cowl hood for him. You should be able to sell it, and even if you cut a little off cost, it will still be better than him paying to ship it back. If he's not willing to work w/ you, spend $10,000 with someone who appreciates your business. JMO
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Joe67
67 is sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
If he sent you the wrong hood he should pay for shipping to return the hood and send you the correct one! Anything less wouldn't be right for the customer.
Well put

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
Slammed70

Wow, Im gonna stay out of this one....anytime something like that happens and ****s with my money, things usually get handled by me going in a lying a gun on the counter and telling them how to take care of it...then I go to jail for a while, have to take some stupid classes, and then I have to look for a new jorb because I didnt go for 30-90 days.

Last edited by Slammed70; 10-26-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Slammed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Thealien

I had a similar situation with a board vender (will not say who it is). I ordered a GMC fender and they sent a chevy fender. They wanted me to pay the return shipping even though they admitted it was their mistake. Even after asking how can you expect me to pay for your mistake they said it was their policy. I had to threaten to call my CC company and dispute the charges. Only then did they send a call tag but would not ship the correct fender until they recieved the wrong one back even though the tracking number showed it was picked up. Since they did make good (even if I had to press the matter) I am glad they made it right.

Last edited by Thealien; 10-26-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #10
BCOWANWHEELS

if you can do 10,000.00 per year why cant you sell the cowl hood and have him send you the correct hood with no shipping to you ?
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
dilling

he says parts for chevy trucks from some where in the late fortys to the late 90, so we buy parts for those years we have a 72 blazer and 51 chevy in the shop now. It could be a couple years or a few days before someone buys it(no one around here likes cowl hood I don't but each is own). I hinted around at givin the hood to me a cost and I would try to sell it(discounted to get rid of it), he didn't take the bait. I don't really have the space to keep it around. I am not pain in the ass guy, just wanted to know if it was right for me want to not have to pay for return shipping. I want to work something out, and still buy stuff from him. I was shocked when I called him and he didn't get a new hood on the way. Next big order will be after new years I want this fixed now. I think it is even the money just upset that he did not offer to make it right it been about a month. I like the guy , and has not given me a hard time but I think he should step up.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
BCOWANWHEELS

yep that hood at cost is doing him right. he should have jumped on your offer, payed shipping on right hood and even sold you new hood at reduced price if he was stand up. get it made right asap as time will make it worse. jmo
bob
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
corn

The fact that you spent a bunch of money shouldnt really have anything to do with it. If I only spent enough money for a hood & it wasnt right, Id want it to be MADE right!...
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
The fact that you spent a bunch of money shouldnt really have anything to do with it. If I only spent enough money for a hood & it wasnt right, Id want it to be MADE right!...

Corn..you are 100% right on target!!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #15
72cheyennesuper20

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
72cheyennesuper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #16
xshadow

Whatever you guys come up with you should be out no money. It was there mistake so they should do what it takes to make it right...if you got the cowl hood for the same price as a regular one maybe someone on here would trade you.....
xshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #17
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

ok, so i agree, he should make it right.

but what i don't understand is, why not find someone who does want a cowl hood, and has a good factory one to trade you? i've never priced hoods, but assume a cowl hood is more expensive than a normal one.

have them pay the shipping for both and call it a day.

if it's a 67-68 hood, i'd be game for a deal like that, assuming it's not a monster cowl hood.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #18
Shane
Account Suspended

keep in mind to that we are also only hearing one side of a two sided story.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #19
dilling

There is no one around where I live that wants a cowl hood. I have told story exactly like it happened. The shipping on a hood is alot of money, and if I a send to someone with out seeing there replacement hood I might get a hunk of junk I have called everyone I know with a 67-68 nobody wants to buy it. I have taken time to try to fix it for him but it is not happening. I don't wanto store it. I am not putting on truck.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #20
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Everyone makes mistakes(well almost everyone,I do know a couple people who don't but then they don't do 'ANYTHING').The real measure of a person is not whether they make a mistake but in how they deal with it.I prefer just to admit my mistakes and try to resolve them as quickly and easily as possible.Sometimes it costs me money,mostly just pride.
If the vendor doesn't want your business enough to keep it don't give it to him.Most businesses realize that it costs less to "keep" a customer than to attract a new one.If i could find 5-10 $10,000 customers I would become a vendor.It would be much easier to only deal with 5-10 people than to try to make a living selling $50.00 to a 1000 people.
JMHO and some thought on how I would try to do business.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #21
jorgensensc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilling View Post
There is no one around where I live that wants a cowl hood. I have told story exactly like it happened. The shipping on a hood is alot of money, and if I a send to someone with out seeing there replacement hood I might get a hunk of junk I have called everyone I know with a 67-68 nobody wants to buy it. I have taken time to try to fix it for him but it is not happening. I don't wanto store it. I am not putting on truck.
WOW! At a reduced rate and depending on shipping, I would be interested. I'm not trying to make this a for sale thread, but I have been looking for a hood for my '68. interesting you can't find anyone to take it off your hands. PM me with some details, I might be able to help you out.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #22
Shane
Account Suspended

where are you located dilling .... it say's "massey" under your name ... where is that? what state?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #23
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed70 View Post
Wow, Im gonna stay out of this one....anytime something like that happens and ****s with my money, things usually get handled by me going in a lying a gun on the counter and telling them how to take care of it...then I go to jail for a while, have to take some stupid classes, and then I have to look for a new jorb because I didnt go for 30-90 days.
Don't F*** with Slammed70!!
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #24
72Levi

After 1 month you should call the credit card company and dispute the charge. That will get his attention. You should also drop him and find a vendor that appreciates your business. You should not spend a minute of your time finding a buyer for that hood. One of the problems today is poor customer service. It was his mistake and he should take the loss. You seem like a nice guy, you should not take that from him!
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #25
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

It is simple, the same thing you would do if you were in his situation. He should send you the hood that you ordered and take care of his own mistake by paying to ship the wrong hood back. On top of that he should compensate you for your time and troubles by discounting the new hoods price. I don't understand why no one seems to think that they are responcible for thier own actions any more, if you make a mistake you should look to yourself to fix it, not pawn it off on the next guy.