The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2002, 05:28 AM   #1
devinfife

funny story

well im sittin in my truck today during a ciggarrette break, and some dude approaches me and tells me my truck looks nice. so i tell him thanks and ask him if he owns one too. he told me that he used to and we start chattin a little. well then we get to talkin about engines and stuff and tells me that i should really look into getting rid of my 'Carbonator' and look into an affordable fuel injection system from 'J-pegs'. i just thought it was funny that he called my carburetor a carbonator and Jegs, J-pegs. decent fella, but you could tell he wasnt jokin when he said that. have a nice night everyone.

devin

69 c-10. turquoise. 350 motor with 400 trans. long fleet. headers and dual flowmaster exhaust. K & N air cleaner, aluminum wheels and radials, stereo system and a bed liner. Manual drums and manual steering.

Kickin it in Seattle, WA

p.s. i love my longbed. must be a phallic thing.
devinfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:22 AM   #2
Alaskan
Truck'n the alcan

Kinda wierd, hope the guy was'nt pumping you about what you got just so he part it out later if you know what I mean. A few months ago some scumbag was calling people in the area and asking about what kind security they used on thier house (alarms, dogs and such). News reported that some folks did tell what they used or did'nt use. About 3 weeks ago I was at Moses Lake, Wa for the night and stayed at a hotel. I went out to my rig to get my logs and shaving kit and I saw a pickup pull in. The guy got out and started walking through the parking lot not to the hotel. I knew he was up to no good and sure enough he was looking in the back of each pickup he pasted and when that scumbag took a tool box out of the of one I hit the spot light and layed on the air horn. He about did a back flip and droped the box and ran. As far as I know they did'nt catch the guy. They called the cops and the room of the man that owned the pickup and tools, he was mad at the hotel about the parking lot lights not being brite enough. They did give me the room at no charge for stoping the scumbag.
Alaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
nitor
Too many projects

You know, I don't know if this is a funny story or not, but sometimes in this area, I see this orange 68 C-10 running around. Well, I know it's a work in progress because it's primered in some places, but that orange is from what I can tell a pretty nice paint job. Anyway, I pulled into the gas station the other day, and there was that 68, the guy putting gas in. I walked up to the truck started looking, told him it was a pretty nice looking truck. He said thanks, in the tone of "Get the hell away from me, I don't want to talk to you about my truck or anything else". Now, from my point of view, when someone tells me I have a good looking truck, car, or whatever, I normally at least try to keep the conversation going. The more complements I get on my vehicles the better I feel. I would just figure this guy was having a bad day. I've found most with classics are pretty staight up guys, always friendly and most always have something good to say.

Just a little story.

'55 Chevrolet Pickup
'56 Chevrolet Belair
'04 Chevrolet Astro
'95 Chevrolet Blazer
nitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:13 AM   #4
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

I've had that happen too Nitor, except it was over a trike (3 wheeled motorcycle - not the one we rode as kids :p) with a 350 V-8 in it. Dude was getting gas, and I was trying to ask him about his trike. He has the same 'get the f+ck outta my face' attitude. Maybe he didn't know squat about the trike, he was in a wheelchair and had it made so his wheelchair sat in the back, maybe he thought I was looking at him as a 'sad cripple'! Who the hell knows.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
nitor
Too many projects

Ya Joe, I don't run across these kinda people very often. It really makes you feel bad when you're trying to be friendly, and compliment someone on something they have, and you get a "p1ss-off" kind of reaction.

'55 Chevrolet Pickup
'56 Chevrolet Belair
'04 Chevrolet Astro
'95 Chevrolet Blazer
Old 10-06-2002, 11:25 AM   #6
nitor
Too many projects

Most I run across can't wait to tell as much as they can about what they have.

'55 Chevrolet Pickup
'56 Chevrolet Belair
'04 Chevrolet Astro
'95 Chevrolet Blazer