The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? 10/28

I had my sister, and her family staying with me all week so I didn't get anything done on my truck. They left last night and I crashed today. After a full week of activities capped by a trip to Galveston, then Kemah yesterday I was worn out.

Here's some pics of what I was doing. What did you get done?
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 10-30-2007 at 10:09 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
GMC69

Re: What did you get done? 10/28

NOTHING!!!!

I went to Toronto today for my brothers baby shower ( co-ed), it was about 5 hours each direction. Yesterday I relaxed. I am however looking at towing my truck in this week to get "certified for the road" so I can insure it and drive it"

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
MylilBowTie
Right turn Clyde

Played with my speedo cable.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well friday morning i took the 82 on its first official job. I ran it about 100 miles and it didnt run bad at all. The gas guage is off and the truck took a whole bunch of stuff we had to transport and it did well. The brakes are kinda shot. You have to stand on the pedal to get it to stop. I went and ordered through advanced on line a new set of plugs and raybestos rubber brake lines for the calipers.
Also figured out that the exhaust is worse than i thought as we were getting stoned while in the truck , so i called a buddy of mine and he has the truck at his shop as we speak and will be putting a complete exhaust on it ( using the existing cat converter) from the manifolds down. I told him to go cheap cause i want to eventually throw headers and a decent set of mufflers and go out the back
I priced out the edelbrock air cleaner at $29 and the chrome accesories for the cheapo chrome valve covers my buddy gave me at like $30 for everything so in the near future ill be buying that and throwing that on the motor.
I also got hold of dave "crossy" and put him on the lookout for other parts i need
It rained here friday afternoon and all day saturday so there wasnt any time to do anything on the truck at all as we slept in late, then the wife wanted to go shopping so i used the truck to drop off an iron gate to a buddy today then after dropping off the truck by another buddy, as described above, we went and hit Kohls and toys R us (you try and find find one thing in toys r us that is not made in china ) as i write this im watching Boston finish off baseball for the year

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
SCOTI

I worked on the mini-tub job on my 68 again. I did alot of hammer/dolly work & it sucks.

Today I had to replace one of the tubs 'lips' where the bolts go through when securing the tub. It was all crooked & when I got the grinder after it, I apparently took a little too much off of one corner. Since a couple of the holes were reemed pretty bad already, I decided to replace the entire lip.

Still have to finish the hammer/dolly work as they're not as flat as I would like before hittin' them w/some mud.

I was supposed to work on the TransAm's brakes..... again, but the truck took up most of my shop time. Maybe during the week.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Worked on the Camaro... got the left side suspension up front rebuilt. New bushings, motor mounts, rotors, calipers, pads, booster, the works..

Getting ready to pull the motor out of the lowrider and put it in the camaro. Building a 70s 454 4bolt for the lowrider... pics to follow soon.
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
f.monroe

I spent the weekend in Eden, Tx . Youth hunt weekend and my brother-in-law has an awesome place there . Took my 11 and 8 yr old and they hunted . 8 yr old took his first deere ( first ever ) at 7:53am and my 11 yr old took his first buck at 8:05 . The 8 yr old took a doe that field dressed 80 pounds and the 11 yr old took an 8 point buck that field dressed at 130 pounds . We had deere steak Sat afternoon. Hunted for Turkey sat afternoon and Sun morn but they were not out . Came home today and my dad and father-in-law helped me clean deere . It was a fun and full weekend . I did manage to pick up a pair of fendes in Brady that I bought on Ebay a couple months back and looked at an abandoned 55 or 56 Chevy that was a big back window truck . Poor truck gave its rear frame section up to be used as a trailer apparently since it id just the cab ,front end, engine /trans etcbut is chopped off from there back . Frank
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Took videos of testing driving the ZZ4.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
bigblock79
67 Chevy Stepside

sat went o a chicking stew and rest today
1976 BIG DOOLEY 454 turbo 400 4:11
bigblock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

spent $50 worth of gas and burgers and french fries so I can go visit my friends in Prisonville (Jackson, MI) for the Halloween party they were throwing. While there I swapped the valve covers left to right, the oil fill cap was way in the back near the hydroboost unit and was therefore a royal PITA to use when pouring out of a just opened 1-gallon jug, now it sits right behind the alternator so I can wedge the funnel between the fuel line and the heater hoses and it's all nice an easy. Also swapped the breather fitting from straight to a 90-deg one, now the breather is facing the front of the engine and is hidden next to the upper radiator hose instead of sticking straight up from the valve cover like tis completely outta place. Still have a two hour drive to work tomorrow morning, should be fun
Old 10-31-2007, 02:05 AM   #11
poolboy65-ls1
iamthepoolboy!

Took some pics of my truck with the new steel cowlhood and the truck all primed up!
Attached Images

Black primed 81 Silverado SWB one owner rust free all original 106,000 project. Steel cowl hood, 89/91 front grill, Blazer tailgate trim, sport rear bumper, 5/6 Drop, 17" Eagle Alloys, Big block is on the stand! COMING SOON: one piece glass, and more.
poolboy65-ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:34 AM   #12
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchemist View Post
She sounds good you need a Shift kit in that tranny
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 AM   #13
Mr79C10
It Is What It Is,,,,

Saturday booked on down to Orlando for the Halloween Horror nights,,,(LAME) It was on only 1 side of the park, Guess I should of asked the right questions. But made the beast of it!! Was with good people and my lady.
Sunday Went to the Orlando Speed way (Drag Strip) And had a BLAST! and sunburnt too.
Over all, A good weekend, SO needed to get away.
79 C-10 project
.........................__
..............._____ l __\___
..............|_(O)_ |___(O) ]
FAQ INDEX Thread
The Kulture
My Rat Den
Mr79C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #14
Blackstone

The long-awaited slab for my 26'X28" garage has been poured. It rained all day Saturday so I went door shopping.... found a great deal on a gorgeous pair of insulated, raised-panel 9'X8' doors.

Sunday was a good day so we capped-off the curb with pressure-treated 2X6's. Since we're now left with about 1 hour of daylight by the time I get home from work, we'll be limited to building on the weekends.... hoping to get it enclosed before snowfall.

Yeah... I'm stoked

Last edited by Blackstone; 10-31-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #15
Bucky71

Put up some tree stands for deer hunting. Took my Marauder so I wouldn't have to wash the truck. Should probably wash the car though.
Bucky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
TexasJeff
Don't Crush em Restore em

Spent Saturday changing out the power steering pump on my 2000 Grand Prix because it was acting up, while doing that noticed the water pump was leaking to, so another trip to Orielly's for the water pump. I got that all buttoned up then put on the new plates and sticker. Sat back with a few cold ones and enjoyed the wonderful weather and the rest of the day. Sunday did my domestic chores.
1998 Red with Gray Interior, C3500 Chevy Crew Cab Dually
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
Eyegore
What Hump?

Nothing truck wise but used lilred to go to hd for new doors for the house, grass seed and manure for the yard.
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #18
Pyrotechnic

Got my cheapo Dynomax headers sealed up at the flange finally.

Tried to install a wiper motor for a 78 on my 77 only to find out the wiring and connections are different.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #19
BaddBusa2005

I got absolutely nothing done. I did however take the GTO to Deal 's Gap aka The Dragon's Tail. What a friggen ride.

Last edited by BaddBusa2005; 10-31-2007 at 10:28 PM.
BaddBusa2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 PM   #20
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo83 View Post
She sounds good you need a Shift kit in that tranny
Come out for ride and see if think it really needs another one. I'm still babying the engine. Missing: exhaust, alternator and spark plug permanent wiring. After few easy miles ~300 and an oil change.....the rear tires are getting smoked. On the test drive I throttle the shifts so the revs don't get too high. Don't need the neighbors calling da police or waking up the sherriff at the end of the street. Did you see his car? On my way to the muffler shop, I'l take a few WOT on the open headers.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Your just down the road from me. The Gap is so much fun on a supermoto!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddBusa2005 View Post
I got absolutely nothing done. I did however take the GTO to Deal 's Gap aka The Dragon's Tail. What a friggen ride.
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #22
BaddBusa2005

yeah not too far, it is closer for me to head to knoxville to eat than chattanooga. Ever ran your truck through there?

On the supermoto topic, I am thinking about picking one up. I think I could have a ton more fun on one of those rather than another busa
Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #23
ChaseDale3and8

I know that I'm late getting this posted up this week, but I've been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest lately. I've been trying to get a lot of house projects done before the weather starts getting bad. I finally finished my garage!!! now all I have to do is organize and put everything back where it was.

Friday was spent doing household chores such as laundry and cleaning my house. Saturday afternoon, I took my truck up to the shop that Bobbo works at. We had discussed putting new rotors, brake pads, fixing my loose tilt steering column, and installing the new steering arm that I bought with my lift kit, but had never gotten around to putting on.

I had never changed rotors on this generation of 4x4 before, or fixed a loose tilt column before, so I just watched and took pictures of Bobbo doing it. I'm glad that I took it up there and had him fix those brake and steering issues that I had because I could tell that if I'd have attempted doing it myself as I first had planned to do, I'd have been cussing and throwing wrenches!!! Many thanks again Robert! Your help was much appreciated! ...Joe
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
ChaseDale3and8

Some more...
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
ChaseDale3and8

And a few more...
Attached Images