The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
stateamind
And you call that a what?

Question Spindle swapping 67 - 73?

Ok guys, here's the deal.
My original plan was to take the complete front x-member from my dads old 73 1/2 ton and slide it under my 67 c-10. Instant disc brake setup ... wrong. The 73 has been sitting in the weeds for the last 15 years or so. So, i was not suprised to find, after removal, that the lower control arms are in sad shape. Rusted is not the word here, lol. I've read post on here before abt just using the spindles and changing out tie rods and ball joints, etc. My question is what parts do I need exactly? For what years? All parts off 73 are good, except for lowers. 73 was manual steer and I have a pwr gearbox from 70 c-10 on the 67. Any help here guys would be greatly appreciated. Mike
stateamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:16 AM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

If you use the ball joints for the 73,you can bolt the spindles on.....however, you will have to trim the steering stops to keep the turning radius. The center link& tierods will also need to be changed to the 73 pcs......you may have problems with the center link, due to manual steering(some of the manual steering had a smaller hole for the pitman arm ). as a rule, 71 up center link for power steering will work. Check the hole sizes & taper very close when doing assembly. good luck
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
stateamind
And you call that a what?

thanks longhorn

thanks for the help longhorn. Anyone else have additional input? Mike
stateamind is offline   Reply With Quote