The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
LayFrame72

GC Extreme Valves

Is anyone running these?..Just want some feedback on them before I get serious and order
LayFrame72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
copperchevy

Re: GC Extreme Valves

I've heard some bad things about them on other forums. They tend to stick and leak. I've heard good things about parkers,smc, and ascos. Price,size, and how cool they sound I think are things to consider when buying some.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

How cool a valve sounds? Seriously, you mean like the hissss the air makes when it exhausts?

P.S. Asco/Redhat and Parker are the same company ... valves are sold under both names though.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #4
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

I've used a few different valves over the years. I personally like the GC and have probably used them the most. I also like the parker golds and back in the day (a WED. BTW) was known to use the world infamous 2G449. One common I've found is Install and maintainence will go a long way in maximizing life and performance of the valve you choose. I try to do it yearly for all my airride equipped rigs. never had a valve stick yet and only leaks so far where related to something melting or rubbing a line for some reason. (pardon me while I find some wood to knock on)

Josh
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
pissonNOS

im running 8 of them and havent had a problem yet
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
edflores

i only have 2 and one leaks.

Last edited by edflores; 11-06-2007 at 09:48 PM.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
red02chevy

I had 1/2" GC 250's on my old truck and both lift valves would stick open sometimes.

I am putting 3/8" SMC's on my 86. I have used these valves a lot without any problems
red02chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
LayFrame72

Thanks guys. Grant Kustoms pushes the GC's hard, Actually its the only valve they carry..Thats why I was wondering on its quality...It seems they have a mixed reaction from people so ill just stay away from them..ill just go with some SMCs or parkers..Hate to switch topics, But does anyone know where I can find a price/more info on the KP 6 Link for our trucks? I saw the mag ad not too long ago, checked out their website, and its not on there..Maybe its not available yet, I dont know...Any help would be appreciated.
LayFrame72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
edflores

i think it is still in the works
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
azfab

try blitzuf valves there cheep and 280psi standerd work verey well!!! you can get them frome fbirides.com
azfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
Bagged Nissan
the fab shack

i had GC's on my nissan.. any time temps got down low, i had a fill valve stick all the time.

When i back halved my truck i used Asco 3/8" valves (i have em on my s10 also) but i havent had 1 problem, not on the nissan and not on the s10. todays high was 30 with freezing rain.

The 3/8 are pretty quick too at 200psi.. they hop my s10 with a 4.3.. they throw the nissan around like a tin can, but i have it hooked on the bottle at 275
Bagged Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #12
Kontrol Phreaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninLo View Post
I also like the parker golds and back in the day (a WED. BTW) was known to use the world infamous 2G449.
Josh
2G449 was also the part number for the ARO manifold valves that Grainger sells, and everyone used when they were the "thing" back in the days as well. Nice 1/4" manifold that works for single corners and sells for like $130+ each. Crazy talk. That's like $520+ for a F/B/S/S 1/4" system .... Now that's some
Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrol Phreaks View Post
2G449 was also the part number for the ARO manifold valves that Grainger sells, and everyone used when they were the "thing" back in the days as well. Nice 1/4" manifold that works for single corners and sells for like $130+ each. Crazy talk. That's like $520+ for a F/B/S/S 1/4" system .... Now that's some
That's the one! Still have like 10 of them in my parts bin.not sure what's BS about it though. the price was high but I remember the early days when a firestone 224C was over a hundred bucks, Contitec was unheard of and Slam Specialties didn't even exist. I can remember scrounging Grainger and the local industrial supply houses for anything that might work. Back in the late '80's so cal might have had air-ride walk in stores but locally for me even a ride-rite helper kit was a special order until mid 90's. Hell I built a few systems using in ground srinkler valves.... anything with a 12 volt coil. Tried some air pilot valves but what a nightmare to plumb. Again not the cheapest but ya gotta use what's available at the time...
it's amazing how evolved and affordable air has become. Oh Clint, by recognizing the 2g449 you've officially tipped your cards on how long you've been in the game.
any comment on LayFrame's inquiry. Curious minds are interested to know?

Josh

'89 GMC Dually crew build page coming soon.
88 4x4 crew DD

duallys past/present pics here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...46#post4001246

89 1 ton Dually rear flip kit install here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=354327
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote