The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
k5kev

What should I do to the plywood floor?

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready for a frame off paint and job on my 72 burb and wondering what to do to the plywood floor. It's in decent shape and I'd rather save the time and expense of totally replacing it (the paint & body is already going to bankrupt me!), so I'm looking for suggestions.....just sand & paint it?.... paint inside, undercoat outside?

I was thinking maybe roll on bedliner on both sides would seal it up real good. Will that stuff stick to wood? Oh ya, I'm planning on carpet too.

Thanks!
k5kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
zeusflash

Re: What should I do to the plywood floor?

We just restored my wifes Suburban last winter. When we bought the truck someone had already rhino lined the rear area including the wood. We have had no adhesion issues to date. Our cargo area is also carpeted. When the body was off the chassis the entire body shell was sandblasted including the wood which was in excellent condition. The wood got undercoated along with the bottom of the body. We did prime and paint the wood body color along with the bottom of the body before undercoating. Once again,no adhesion problems so far.
zeusflash is offline   Reply With Quote