The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
AceX
>130dB Moderator

It has begun... again...

I don't know how, but I've managed to dig myself into yet another financial hole...

It all started last Wednesday at a customer appreciation event at the stereo shop that I frequent here in Sacramento. Dad and I went that night to support the shop owner and I was trying to convince him to do a system in his '06 GMC Sierra.

When we got to the shop, the CEO of ARC Audio was outside with his new Shelby Mustang. He and dad started talking for a while while I went in and talked to one of the guys from the shop to see if we couldn't team up on my dad.

A little time passes and Demitirios (the CEO) and I got to talking about ARC's lineup for the coming year and what might work in my truck. We threw around a few ideas and finally he took a short walk outside to check out the truck. He must have liked what he saw because he wants it in his booth for the Sacramento Autorama this year.

Now we're going to replace my entire system and take everything from my truck and put it in the '06 Sierra.

On top of taking the system to a whole 'nother level, we're going to repair/rework the interior of my truck. All new door panels, bezels, trim, carpet, basically everything but the dash pad, pillar panels, and headliner... Also, every square inch of the interior will receive the Dynamat and where Dynamat can't reach, Special silicones and caulks will do the job...

The new system that's going in my truck is going to be a little over the top;

(4) ARC 10D2's
(3) ARC 6000 component sets
(1) ARC PEQ 7-band equalizer
(1) KS500.1 monoblock amplifier
(1) KS300.4 4ch amplifier

So say "bye" to my beloved stereo, for in a week, it will be no more...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Pyrotechnic

Re: It has begun... again...

Nice! I guess they helping you out with some kind of endorsement or promotional deal ?
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Now that sounds like a Great Deal , is this a 1 time deal or possible show circuit tour for the truck
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
AceX
>130dB Moderator

So far it is just the one show here in Sacramento, which is their biggest show of the year, but they may want more. The truck will probably be done by the time CES rolls around, but I doubt that they would take my truck to Vegas.

I'm hoping to hit alot of shows in 2008, so we'll see what kind of support I'll be getting.

I found out that the component sets that are going in my truck are some of the first to come off the line. I'll be one of the first people to have these speakers...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Mr79C10
It Is What It Is,,,,

In this day of age,, EVERY lil bit helps out!!
Good deal.

Ya can send used donations my way. lol
79 C-10 project
.........................__
..............._____ l __\___
..............|_(O)_ |___(O) ]
FAQ INDEX Thread
The Kulture
My Rat Den
Mr79C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Truck went into the shop about 3 hours ago and is being stripped. Probably gonna be a good 3-4 weeks before I can have her back. Brothers Trucks back ordered ALOT of MAJOR parts on me, so I'm probably gonna be behind when I get the truck back...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well congrats on getting this kind of recognition enjoy the limelight while you have it you may even get a photo review or something in an audio mag out of it

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Progress is progress, and you don't even have to do the work!

Be sure to post pics with what they do. They are putting a lot of components in there, but it will sound killer when it's done!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #9
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
well congrats on getting this kind of recognition enjoy the limelight while you have it you may even get a photo review or something in an audio mag out of it
Hopefully... If people like it enough... All I can do is build my truck as best I can. If that's not enough then so be it. I'm not out to please anyone but myself...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Went by the shop today to get everything worked out with my dad's truck. It goes in tomorrow.

It looks like a long road ahead for my truck. Right now I've got to decide how to spend the budget that's been set. Do I take the Dynamat to the extreme, or do I cut back on it a bit and add a battery or two...?

Decisions decisions. Plus the shop just got another large project in that has to be done by Thursday, so my truck won't even get started till Friday or Saturday...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Work on the truck is continuing. Having issues with back ordered parts...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

Old 12-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #12
abebummy26

That will be sweet.

1987 GMC S15 (soon to be a chevy clone)
2.5l, 4 speed, no ps, no pb, no ac

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Spoken by Cletus the hillbilly
I like stickers... a whole bunch.
abebummy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
AceX
>130dB Moderator

System is done and playing. Just a few things to tidy up and the last bit of fabrication is left.

The truck is loud. Very loud. One of the guys at the shop estimated that it could hit over 135dB playing music. Just a reference, a 737 taxiing down the runway, is 120dB.

Hopefully I can get some pics up tomorrow. All I have right now are the ones on my phone and they aren't very high quality.

Ken, if you're reading this, I have you to thank for one of the coolest ideas in the system. You'll see why tomorrow.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay