The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

Ebay victim

Anybody else been a victim on there. I recently bought a set of seat belts on there and paid high($120+16.59 ship) for what I was made to believe were show quality belts. They came in and were cracked and scratched. They also were the dirtiest belts I've ever saw. Anyway, the seller agreed upon a refund and I sent them back. I put tracking on them so I would know when he received them. After he had them for two days and had not responded to any of my emails in the past week, I opened a dispute on him. Ebay wouldn't let me do it there since I paid through paypal. It had to be through paypal. Well the guy leaves a big nasty Negative for me and makes it out like I was at fault. I just wish people had more character is what I'm trying to say. I just hate having tainted feedback. I will now climb down from my soapbox.
1972Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
c10addict

Re: Ebay victim

any issues I ever had through paypal they resolved... It takes time and they may not get you 100% but it is better than nothing... Stick with it!!
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
72BLUZ

I Had A Problem With A Seller Who Left An Advertisement As A Feed Back On Me. I Tried To Get Ebay To Make Him Change It But They Would Not. They Said He Had To Change It And That He Did Nothing Wrong. I Stated To Them That What He Done Was Not A Feedback That Represented Me But Was An Advertisement For The Sellers Part. (i Gave Up Because He Would Not Respond, And Ebay Would Not Help)
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Kaysenmc

I had a similar expirience but I was the seller. I had a dash trim piece that I claimed was a 9 out of 10 (reason not perfect was because it had a broken tab on back), I was very descriptive about it and had several good pictures. Anyway, the buyer claimed he did not know about the tab and then said I took pics of a really nice one and sent him junk. Oh I was pissed, all was well though as he left me a nuetral feedback instead of negative. I tried to contact him to offer a refund (even though I felt I had done no wrong) and he never answered??? Hope your deal can be straightened out. Kaysen
Kaysenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

I'm not a violent guy, but I would feel better If he wasn't hiding behind his computer screen and where I could get a hold of him. Life of a poor man with a truck addiction!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
Billla
Account Suspended

Well, here's the way I handled one particular issue

http://www.warbird.org/mcsteeze/
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
ofnaman

I had a huge problem with ebay and paypal that resulted in me getting kicked off of ebay (now I use my wife's account with 100% positive feedback). I sold an item and the buyer gave me an address that only accepted ups. I did not know this and sent it usps. It was sent back to me. The buyer contacted paypal 5 days after the auction ended (thankfully paypal and ebay have since changed the way they do this) and reported the item never was shipped (did not even contact me first). As soon as I recieved an email from paypal I contacted the buyer and asked what the problem was (I had not recieved the returned package yet). Well, we figured out what I did wrong. I told the guy that I would ship it immediatly back to him VIA ups. As soon as I got it back I shipped it ups. I then refunded the guy all of the shipping charges to "bury the hatchet". Well the guy recieved the package and emailed me that everything was as described and he was happy. The buyer did not end the paypal claim right away, so I contacted paypal to tell them the story and I emailed them copies of our email exchanges. I then contacted the buyer and asked him to end the claim. I did not hear from either paypal or the buyer for about two weeks (I thought everything was o.k.). Then, about two days later paypal contacted me and stated they made a decision and ruled in favor of the buyer (I was stupid and did not have tracking on the packages), and that I needed to pay him a full refund (another $25). I asked paypal to re-evaluate my case and re-sent them the email that the buyer sent me stating he was happy. They told me the buyer stated to them that the item was never recieved and since I did not have tracking #'s there was nothing they could do. I refused to pay him a dime, so I got booted from them both (ebay, and paypal). If I could go back I would have payed the fee, just to keep my account. I really wish people would respect other people and be honest.

Last edited by ofnaman; 12-13-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
ofnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 AM   #8
dukes69

from a sellers point of view, was there pictures?, did you ask the condition? i have sold what i thought was junk and gotten e-mails on how wonderful the part was. maybe this guy was out to screw someone. it is up to both the buyer and seller for a smooth sale. i guess i getting sick of hearing how bad the sellers are as i am one.
1970 GMC 4wd long box
dukes69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #9
7T2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BLUZ View Post
I Had A Problem With A Seller Who Left An Advertisement As A Feed Back On Me. I Tried To Get Ebay To Make Him Change It But They Would Not. They Said He Had To Change It And That He Did Nothing Wrong. I Stated To Them That What He Done Was Not A Feedback That Represented Me But Was An Advertisement For The Sellers Part. (i Gave Up Because He Would Not Respond, And Ebay Would Not Help)

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'm curious - doesn't it take forever to type something when you capitalize the first letter in every word? I've always wondered why people do this when I see it?
1969 Chevy C10 Short Bed
1972 Chevy C10 Long Bed *SOLD*
1996 C3500 Dually *SOLD*
7T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #10
72BLUZ

Honesty Is A Virtue Which Seems To Be Few And Far Between. Alot Of People In This World Would Rather Lie And Steel As To Have A High Standard Of Integrity. I Am A Firm Believer That What Comes Around Goes Around!!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #11
jkade

Here's my latest, this is what I sent to the BBB.
I had seen on ebay that this guy had some trailing arms off a race car that where made from 2"x3" metal tubing. I called him several times about them and he told me he had several sets. i called and ordered some and the woman that took my order was told exactally what I wanted several times by me and I said "make sure you send me the 2x3" tubing ones" and she said that they would. Well it took 10 days to recieve my order when it should have took 3 to 4 days tops. I recieved the arms today 11-30-07 and opened the box and it was the wrong item. I called Al and said this is Kade Jennings and first thing out of his mouth was "my order had fell behind the printer", I told him that is not why I was calling. I told him about the problem and he said he did not have any of the 2x3 arms and what I recieved was all he had. I told him I had called and talked to him about what I wanted several times and even told the woman who took my order exactally what I wanted in fear of me getting what I did. I asked him if he was going to pay for them to be shipped back and he said no. I asked him why his mistake should be my expense and he said nothing. I then asked him if this is how he did business and he said, " I guess so" and hung the phone up and will not answer any of my calls now. So now I am stuck with a item that I do not need and I would be afraid to send him the items back in fear of him never returning my money.

Do not buy from "Raceprovenparts" off ebay, this guy is a D*ck Head. He sent me the stock like trailing arms and not the 2x3 tubing arms I paid for.

Last edited by jkade; 12-14-2007 at 04:05 AM.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:44 AM   #12
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

The item had pictures, but they were not close up. the seller described them as perfect condition and I told him I was doing a show quailty rebuild and he stated that these would be perfect and that they looked better than in the pictures. I should have known soemthing was up when I bought them in a second chance offer. I asked him about that and he said that the person never paid. I think maybe the other person had the same trouble I did and returned them. I left negative for him after the fact, but I was trying to work it out like an adult and not hide behind a keyboard. I think its amazing how tough some these guys try and come across in type. If I was rich I would take my next vacation in Salt Lake and look him up. Not so much for phisicallities, but to see if he is wearing a pencil pouch as I suspect. Its kind of like the Toby Kieth song, Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof......LOL
Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
FormerMember
Account Suspended

You can appeal that feedback, citing the case with Paypal (Ebay owns Paypal).

Ebay will remove it.
FormerMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

Not to hijack the e-bay problem but I had a similar experience with Amazon for some auto parts I ordered. I received 1 order 2 days later from 1 company and a week later I still had not received the oil filter I ordered at same time coming from a different company so I called the company about it and they were extremely rude saying according to there records I received it 2 days before and they were not willing to recheck the delivery.2days later I received the package had to sign for it too.So I left them a neutral feedback for being so rude and I was lambasted by e-mails from them (Had to block them )and then threatening phone calls that I better take away the feedback or they would relentlessly call me at all hours so I could not use my phone and they pretty much did that, but if I didn't answer the call the voice mails were sweet and innocent (no recorded threats) so I contacted the cell phone company and there's nothing they could do but change my number. To this day Amazon refuses to deal with my problem, if I call them they say they will look into it but they never get back to me. So beware of "GO FAST AUTO"

Last edited by jgrh64; 03-05-2008 at 09:52 PM.
jgrh64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
prg machine

track the guys dealings on e-bay. Every time you see him list something shoot him a question regarding your problem................mention you might discuss your problem with some of his bidders!!!!!
Crane roller cam lifters and rockers ,1.6 intake ratio, Open chamber heads, 9.5-1 compression ratio, 2.02 intake valves , Edelbrock performer Air Gap manifold Carter AFB performer 750cfm, MSD ignition, SM465 NP205 4.10 gears:
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #16
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

paypal eventually gave me my money back.....but I ordered an nos 70 chevy inner grille and paid with money order. it came all busted up and I was out my money, filled dispute with ebay and nothing happened at all.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Ebay sucks.They protect the seller because that`s where their money comes from,that`s all they care about,and that`s all there is to it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #18
heavy71chevy

Ive never been burned thru truck parts but i bought a fender bass and paid for it and ive never seen it nor a refund.....im sorry to hear that ryan
heavy71chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #19
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

just my luck......
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #20
Arad68
Trucks N Tranzams

The only person I had trouble with was James Blanton. I have always had great luck

'68 Chevy LB 383 TH400/GV/373 posi
'56 Chevy 4WD SWB
'64 Chevy short stepside
'79 Trans Am 455/TH2004R/12blt/4whldisc
95 Kia (Wifes car)
2002 S-10 extended cab pickup
"God punishes small sins immediately"
Arad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #21
lks dcvn

I have a 'close call' ebay victim story (turned out OK for me)...

I bought a set of 5 new (take off) H2 rims from a guy in (can't remember where) - and they needed to be shipped to me...

After the auction was over I emailed him to see what email addy he wanted me to use to send PayPal...he had never heard of it (paypal) and this was his first time using ebay - YIKES!

I mailed him a money order - and thought...man - did I just get screwed...

Sure enough about a week later - the rims showed up - packed well and undamaged...just like he described in his auction.

I left him his first positive feedback (but I was sweating that week until they showed up)...
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #22
724x4a/cchevy
Self-proclaimed LED man

I'm in the middle of an Ebay situation right now. I bought a Model A gas cap and sediment bowl. Paid $25-$30 for it shipped. Worst part is, the guy lives less than an hour away. I have his home address from the ebay invoice. I plan on paying him a visit this weekend.
Justin
I also do LED:
-Third Brake/Cargo
-Brake (truck and burb)
-Reverse (truck and burb)
-67-68 Front Turn Signals
-69-70 Front Turn Signals
-71-72 Front Turn Signals
-GMC Front Turn Signals
I can also do custom lights for other vehicles....i did a set for a AMC Gremlin once
Norwood Survivor
724x4a/cchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #23
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BLUZ View Post

DuDe FiX YoUR ShIFt Key
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
special-K
Special Order

I know a guy that bought a`72 K/10 Suburban off of Ebay and had it shipped.When it arrived alot of parts that were on it at time of sale had been stripped by the shipper.The CustomDeluxedoor panels,for instance.He provided a stack of pictures,before and after,and all the description provided by the seller.Ebay sounded very interested in helping...but did nothing in the end.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #25
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
DuDe FiX YoUR ShIFt Key
Attached Images

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread