The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
sorestgore
Official C-10 Destroyer

Farewell to Ol' Blue, and to this forum.

Well, it really is hard to do (I'm nearly in tears at this point), but I've made the decision to end this project.

I've come to realize that even if I find a great engine for cheap, it will be too expensive at this point in my life to put this truck back together and onto the road. I'm only 18. I only work part-time as a line-cook at Applebee's, making only $7 an hour. I went to college, only to be expelled about half-way through the first semester, so my opportunities for higher-paying jobs in the area I'd like (automotive tech) simply aren't available.

I took a beautiful, fun, strong-running, reliable truck and reduced it to a frame, a cab, a box, and assorted piles of parts that I just don't have the resources to put back together again.

The reason I decided to try to restore my truck was because of a error the DMV and police department made.

I had gone to court on November 2nd, 2006 for an OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) and managed to get my suspension dropped, because after I got my ticket in June, my parents had turned in my license and I didn't drive after that. So I had served my suspension before it was sentenced.

I got pulled over January 1st, 2007 for driving a vehicle with collector plates during that month. (You cannot drive a vehicle with collector plates during January, at least in Wisconsin) This was my fault. But because of some error in the court system, the DMV had mistakenly marked my right to operate a vehicle as suspended. So I was given my "Special Interests" ticket (collector plate in January) AND an Operation After Suspension

After that, I thought my license was actually revoked for driving while suspended, so I figured I might as well use the time that I cannot drive to "restore" my truck, and so the friday following the aforementioned incident, I began to tear my truck apart.

However, the next day, my mom had made many phone calls, chewed some people out, and uncovered the error they had made, so I again had a valid license. At this point, my truck was not drivable, so began driving my little Volkswagen. This car was pretty sporty, and I managed to get a speeding ticket shortly after this all happened.

IF THE DMV HAD THEIR **** TOGETHER, I WOULD'VE NEVER BEGAN TO TEAR MY TRUCK APART

I'm sorry if this all sounds like some kind of conspiracy against the DMV, and that I'm trying to shift the blame, but I really needed to get that off my chest.

After that, I'm going to start a new project, an old-school Mk1 Volkswagen GTi with a Mk4 TDI (diesel) engine swap.

Deceased:
1972 C10 Stepside, 350ci smallblock, Edelbrock 750 performer carb, Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold, DynaMax headers, Thrush glasspacks, flame-throwers!

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-18-2007 at 04:29 PM.
sorestgore is offline   Reply With Quote