The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2007, 06:08 AM   #1
Sadsack

Think I Paid Too Much For My Seats?

Ok guys...once again I got caught up in a bidding war and paid a little more than intended for these seats ($200.00) on Evilbay. : ) Think I got ripped off?? The only consolation I have is that my friend covers seats and said he would recover them for free..so my costs will only be the seat foams and covers....as if that'll be cheap! I was messing with them Saturday and set the passenger seat in but it didnt seem to fit just right??? I tried the driver side tracks and had the same prob. I know Ill cover the floor with carpet and you wont see the holes....just wondering if these looked like the right tracks for a truck? Old Blue had a becnh from the factory. Thanks guys for your input! I have had major PC problems and havent been able to get online for about 2 weeks..Ive been having withdrawel symptoms! By the way I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!
Attached Images

Sadsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
NONHOG

Re: Think I Paid Too Much For My Seats?

When done those will be sweet ! If your happy in the long run thats all that matters , whatever $ you spent will be water under the bridge .
Old 12-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #3
barraza

As long as they aren't rusted to pieces inside, that price isn't bad. I would give you that for them now!
barraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
Livrat
Member #1049

If you are happy with them thats all that counts.. used rebuildable ones around here usually run in the $200/$300 range so IMHO I do not think you got "ripped off"..
The tracks you have are the truck ones, They are different than the bench seat tracks and all of the holes will not line up, trucks that came from the factory with bucket seats have different hole spacing and plates under the floor than bench seat trucks.
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
meathead95
computer illiterate

that was a good deal on those seats. if they are the ones i think they are you got them in murfreesboro and i bid against you, but wasnt home when the auction ended. or they would be mine or would have paid mor for them. lol..
Old 12-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
70cst

They look like 69-70 buckets. Am I right? As far as price...if your happy and you got what you wanted...then it was a good price.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
1969k10stepside

Yes,they are 69-70 seats..I don't think you got ripped off (especially if the tracks are good) but new foam and covers will be expensive for them!! It looks like you may only need foam for one side though...There is also a brace under the cab on the trucks with bucket seats,keep that in mind.

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 12-26-2007 at 07:17 AM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
Sadsack

Thanks for allthe responses guys! I got these from Maryland actually meathead95. The tracks are in great shape...a lot better than the pics show. Everything moves freely and the seat metal is not rusted at all. I was wondering..in the pic I have of the passenger seat mounted in my truck...should the bracket be sitting "up" on the hump on my floor pan...or be back farther sitting on the flat part? Ive already got plans for a slick gas tank cover and I have a console I bought at Charlotte last yr for $40. I guess I should be more concerned with important things like getting my transmission rebuilt...firing up the engine...fixing the rot in my driver's floor pan...the kick panels...the rocker panels...two cab mounts...getting my rally's mounted...getting caps and rings for them...the list is never ending !!!!! LOL
Old 12-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
Sadsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
They look like 69-70 buckets. Am I right? As far as price...if your happy and you got what you wanted...then it was a good price.
They were represented as '69 seats but I wasnt 100% sure. The scroll pattern looked right...I think '71-72 seats had dual scroll patterns running down them...am I right or dreaming? Anyway...I am tickled with them. They are as original as Ive found..even down to the original mold and mildew! Now how's that for originality?

Last edited by Sadsack; 12-26-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #10
70cst

From your description Sadsack you DID get a good deal. Looks like an early Christmas for you. As far as projects go...it is hard for me to stay focused. I have been buying parts up for the last seven years and I still have more to purchase before I am done. Someone said this hobby is addictive and once you get bitten by the "BUG" it's all over. My wife said if I need to have a vice...this is the one to have. Good Luck with your vice...I mean truck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
crzngmychvy
"1972 C5"

Not bad especially if you saved on shipping, because that sometimes is what kills many deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadsack View Post
Ok guys...once again I got caught up in a bidding war and paid a little more than intended for these seats ($200.00) on Evilbay. : ) Think I got ripped off?? The only consolation I have is that my friend covers seats and said he would recover them for free..so my costs will only be the seat foams and covers....as if that'll be cheap! I was messing with them Saturday and set the passenger seat in but it didnt seem to fit just right??? I tried the driver side tracks and had the same prob. I know Ill cover the floor with carpet and you wont see the holes....just wondering if these looked like the right tracks for a truck? Old Blue had a becnh from the factory. Thanks guys for your input! I have had major PC problems and havent been able to get online for about 2 weeks..Ive been having withdrawel symptoms! By the way I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #12
jkaylor68gmc

I would love to have those!
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 7-inch lift on 35 Daily driver
2016 Chevy Tahoe Better halves ride
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Truck seats are worth more than Blazer seats,so you did real good.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #14
Sadsack

Anyone have pics of their factory seats installed? Was wondering what the gas tank covers the seat belt lay out console placement etc looked like. Also trying to decide between the all vinyl covers or the houndstooth ones...?
Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
dilling

They were my seats, I took them out a 69 the owner I got the truck said they had been in there since the truck was new. I put them on ebay with a low starting bid. I did not want to ship , but everyone wanted them shipped so we change ad and shipped them.
dilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Truck seats are worth more than Blazer seats,so you did real good.
Why?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
1969k10stepside

The passenger side brackets would be my guess..The blazer/jimmy brackets for the passenger side (They flip up to allow access to rear seat) won't work in a truck without modifications so getting true "truck buckets" mean you don't have to make or buy the correct stationary brackets for the passenger side to put them in your truck since the truck buckets would have the correct stationary bracket already.The brackets alone can run $75-100.

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 12-26-2007 at 04:28 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #18
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Won't the Blazer buckets bolt to the truck brackets?

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
Sadsack

I was gonna give them to my brother for Christmas after I won the auction...then changed my mind back to keeping them for my Papaw's old truck. My brother has a '69 thats gonna be a Rat Rod style build so I figured the buckets might end up going to waist...to me they are getting harder and harder to find and shouldnt be waisted so I figured my truck will be a close to stock build...Ill either stick them in it or keep them for my next project truck! Im getting a nice stockpile of optional parts for these trucks (power steering set up, power brake setup, factory tilt, AM/FM player, tow hooks, shoulder belts, etc ) and Id love to build a loaded short bed truck some day!

Last edited by Sadsack; 12-26-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

The seats themselves may not be worth more.I meant with the brackets/complete.Blazer buckets (complete) are more common.Most parts of the country had no or very few trucks ordered with buckets.In all my years into these trucks I`ve rarely seen them.Blazers were everywhere.Now that these things are coming out of the woodwork more than ever,for various reasons,they seem more abundant.But,it was a rare option.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #21
AuggieStyle

no bro you got a great deal, i bid on them then my modem took a dump on me. so i missed out I had messaged the guy to see if he was a member of this forum but i never got a reply..part of the reason i didnt bid too high before my disconect. glad to see it was a legit deal and they went to a happy home.

Last edited by AuggieStyle; 12-27-2007 at 08:03 AM.
AuggieStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

I would have driven over the Bay Bridge and bought them myself if Dilling had told me about them before Ebay.

Tim

Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #23
Sadsack

Cool! Im glad my hard earned $ went to a board member! Makes me feel a little better about parting with it! : ) Thanks for boxing them up so good. When they showed up at work...i thought how in the world are there 2 seats in there with all the brackets???! I showed my brother today when he came by for christmas and he thinks I spent too much. The cool thing I got a nice christmas bonus at my new job and I asked for cash from everyone else...so new foams and covers might not be as far away as Id figured!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #24
special-K
Special Order

The passenger truck brackets go for $75.00 reproduced.I feel originals are worth more.They aren`t a wear item.I`ve seen Blazer seat go for more,almost always.Alot of people don`t get the whole value thing with these parts.It is what it is and the first mistake people make is,these aren`t "just" trucks.Maybe some are.But options are valueable.The same love for Chevy cars is right in these trucks.If someone doesn`t think so,step aside and watch someone else jump on it.

Tim

Old 12-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #25
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I guess what I'm getting at is it seems like the Blazer buckets (seats not brackets) would be more desirable since they have backs on them.

If the truck brackets will bolt to the Blazers seats that appears to be the better looking combo.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"