The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
salrod00

help identifying a plug

hey there, i kinda ran into a problem with disconnecting wire harnesses . i got a 84 c10 with a 305 engine and on the firewall right behind the EGR valve there is a lime green, with a dark green plug hanging. it is a two outlet plug. what i mean is it has a horizontal stem and a vertical stem in it. my speedometer dont work also so i was wondering if that has something to do with it. thanks in advance for the help.
salrod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
xtreme80
Wishin' I had more money!

Re: help identifying a plug

I can't think of anything, but then again 84 is 4 years newer than mine, and they might have changed some things around on it. I can't see it being a speedo plug, unless they went to an electric around that time.

Pictures do help too.
xtreme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: help identifying a plug

the speedometer if im not mistaken is cable driven at least it is on the trucks ive had from 86 earlier... i dont know about the overdrive computer controlled trannys tho ill look on my 82 and see if i see any such plug

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote