The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
57sailplane

short box front end weight

hey guys

its time for me to buy the front springs for my drag truck i got a bunch of summit gift certificates so i want to use the money wisely. the thing is is the coil overs i need come in 3 different weight ratings. i was wondering if any of you drag racers out there know the front axle weight of your trucks. then i can guess from there. hopefully an educated one. you see i have a shot box with sbc and mustang II front end with roll cage. i know i should probably weight but if i could get lucky enough to here of someone with close to the same set up that would help. probably shooting in the dark but what the hey.
thanks Andrew
57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:31 AM   #2
Super73

Re: short box front end weight

Mine is a 63 with a LS1/4L80E swap and the front weighs 2,260 with me in the truck. Not sure if that will help you or not.

I'm running a 14" 350lb Hal spring in the front of mine but that is with stock geometry. I'm not sure if you changed the leverage ratio with the conversion.
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote