The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

73 C10 Wiw?

This truck is about 20 miles from me. What do you guys think it's worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
DBLSPRT68

Re: 73 C10 Wiw?

That is a super nice truck!! If you can afford it, go for it!! I don't like the wheels, but that's it. It does look like the gas guage is not working right, but that can be fixed. Very sweet. David
PROJECT TRUCK: 1985 SWB C10 Silverado Black/Charcoal, 1990 V2500 Suburban, 2018 Suburban, 2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB, 2014 Toyota Camry SE, HAD.....1968 Camaro RS/SS Family owned since new; 350 3 speed SOLD
DBLSPRT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
f.monroe

I cant guess on a value but it is a nice truck . If the shift indicator is correct , it has an overdrive trans which is a plus . A/C has 134a fittings . There appears to be more than he is advertising so you might get the truck for a little less than it would bring if he had a detailed description . You have an advantage since you can look at it before bidding . Frank
Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What's it worth as in you might buy it, or what do I think it will bid up to on eBay? I have an opinion, but I will reserve it for the moment. If you are going to look at the truck and can give more details I'll be glad to share my thoughts.

It appears to be a very solid truck with an obvious repaint. The question is, what is the quality of the paint? If it's really nice, that adds significant value.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
ChaseDale3and8

It's a nice looking truck. I also have to wonder about the quality of the body and paint work. Since it's rather close to you, it would be worth the drive to check out in person to evaluate it. If it's as clean as it looks in the pictures, I personally wouldn't blink giving 5 k for it, but that's just me. ...Joe
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
bowtier
Nobody rides free

Quote:
The question is, what is the quality of the paint? If it's really nice, that adds significant value.
Yup, it would. But just from the auction pics, the paint in the bed looks suspect. It almost looks like rust bubbles are forming already.

Don't get me wrong, looks like a REALLY nice solid truck. But I don't think this will be one of the 20k c10's that are on ebay regularly. I'd agree with Joe, somewhere in the 5k range, maybe a bit higher depending on how it looks (and sounds) in person.

Edited to add: After looking at the pics again, I bet it'll sell for close to 10k. 5-7.5 is just what I'd give. But I'm cheap.
'01 Blazer - daily driver

"It's better to burn out than it is to rust."
-Neil Young

Last edited by bowtier; 01-05-2008 at 11:29 AM.
bowtier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
streetstar

7500-8500 (more or less, but no higher than 10,000) -- unless its been professionally restored, but by the looks of the carpet, i doubt it

I usually pay too much for things though.

Of course your opinion in person is more important than my opinion looking at a few photos

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
see ten
WTB this ad

I'm pretty much just window shopping at this point. We've been talking about taking in another project but I don't know what it's going to be at this point.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #9
ChaseDale3and8

The reason that I say 5k is that from what I can tell from the pictures, that's about what it would bring around here. I found a maroon and silver 79 2wd Silverado longbed last month in very similar shape.

Straight body, and new basecoat/clearcoat paint, nice interior, cold air,etc., not perfect mind you, but very nice. Like I said, very similar to this one, but a longbed instead of a shortbed. As everybody knows, the shortbeds bring better money, so I allowed more for the difference.

The asking price was $3,750 on the 79 longbed that I was looking at, and was negotiable. It was a really nice truck, and I came very close to buying it just for the body to put on a 76 longbed 4x4 chassis that I have. I was thinking about offering up 3k for the 79,because I'm cheap too, until I did a much closer inspection, and found some questionable body work around a few of the normally rusty areas.

An example is where they rust out behind the rear wheels. They welded in patch panels, and did an excellent job of blending the repairs in, but where it fell short of being perfect was that they didn't patch the inner part of the inner wheel well as well, and you could see the rust through on the area just by standing on the outside of the truck. If it had been mine, and I was going through all the trouble to make it look nice, I would have put a little bit of extra effort into it and spent a few more bucks buying patch panels for the inside as well, and just repaired it the right way, but I'm very picky when it comes to stuff like that.

I also dug around underneath the rubber bedmat, and found rust through on the bed floor in several spots right through that fresh new shiny paint. You never saw it until you pulled the mat up. This made the rest of the truck very suspect to me, and even though the painter did an excellent job of making it look very nice, and the interior was far better than average, I passed it up.

Had it not been for the owner trying to disguise some bad spots on this truck, it would have very well been worth the asking price, if not even a bit more. I kind of saw this truck as being worth maybe $2,500 at best after I looked it over real good. I'd say that a year from now, the 79 that I was looking at will likely be a rust bucket again with the questionable repairs that had been done to it.

With the 73 that you are looking at, I'd definately check it out in person and crawl all over, and under it. If it's solid and rust free, it's worth more than 5k, maybe 7-8k, but not over that in my opinion. If you start finding rust, or bad repairs trying to disguise rust, the value of it comes down pretty quick as you know already. Good luck,and let us know what you find out about it. ...Joe